Crash dumps folder?

Hi guys,

Ive recently encountered for the first time a serious of crash dumps everytime i get to a certain point and it says it has created a crash dumps folder?

How is this happening and why? Can i just delete the crash dump folder without it harming the game in some way?

Thanks in advance

Deleting the folder doesn't help - all that's in it is a report that can give SI an insight into what's causing the crashes in some cases.

There's a few things you can try that'll potentially help you out;

- Update graphics and sound card drivers.

- Update Java.

- Update DirectX.

- Go to preferences and turn off "enable data collection".

That should be a decent place to start. If you've done all that - then can you tell us whether you've installed any additional graphics files, or made any data edits? And some detail about your PC would help if you're still struggling.

Cheers

Matt

Deleting the folder doesn't help - all that's in it is a report that can give SI an insight into what's causing the crashes in some cases.

There's a few things you can try that'll potentially help you out;

- Update graphics and sound card drivers.

- Update Java.

- Update DirectX.

- Go to preferences and turn off "enable data collection".

That should be a decent place to start. If you've done all that - then can you tell us whether you've installed any additional graphics files, or made any data edits? And some detail about your PC would help if you're still struggling.

Cheers

Matt

Matt, i've done all that and its still the same, crashing when i try to go on the first piece of news at 23rd September 2015. I have edited no data or installed any graphic files. I play the game on a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop. I should add that i've encountered problems where it's had to close before but I jus reloaded it and it was ok. I've patched it with the release day patch only.

Hmmm. OK. Any reason why you didn't go for 11.1?

At this point I'd suggest your best bet may be to contact Customer Services who can walk you through possible fixes in a bit more detail than me.

Cheers

Matt

Ok cheers. Will go for the patch first then contact customer services. How do i contact them? Phone/E-mail?

Hmmm. OK. Any reason why you didn't go for 11.1?

At this point I'd suggest your best bet may be to contact Customer Services who can walk you through possible fixes in a bit more detail than me.

Cheers

Matt

Oh my god, the patch worked!!! Thank you, sooo happy

Archived