25 man squad problem

Im playing with Aston Villa and its the 31st Januray 2011. On the last day of the transfer window I just agreed a contract for Peter Crouch to join for free, with Habib Beye and Downing going the other way (both rubbish and on high wages). with everything agreed the transfer is cancelled because "Aston Villa are restricted to a squad of 25 players". I dont get this at all as its the transfer window so the squad registration is still open and i have 3 places left to fill, theres also the fact that two of my players are being sold in this transfer. Not to mention that even when the squad registration is closed you can still get players but just cant play em. Help much appreciated as its the last day of the window and want to get this transfer done!

I just attempted to sign Crouch for free without giving spurs downing and beye in exchange and for some reason that worked?! it isnt a problem with spurs either because the news item said my squad was restricted to 25 players. Must be some sort of bug but i want to get rid of my two players so any ideas?

Archived