Quite unexpected argument.

I am now in the year 2018 with Liverpool. We have won the league 7 years in a row and are 11 points clear with 10 games to go.

I just got this news story.

cfb8bc075a2417fff6fde506d077b601.PNG

Sammy Lee and Torres have both been fantastic servants to this club the whole time I've managed them. Where did this come from?!

Or have them fight it out on the training ground with a cone and a corner flag, gladiator style. Like real men, bare chested and brutal!

There's only one thing Torres would do with a cone and a corner flag... I'm guessing I don't need to spell out what.

Scousers 7 years on the trot !?

This patch can't come quick enough. ;)

FM 2010 actually, can't afford a new version. And yes, 7 years on the trot, 2 Champions League wins, 3 FA Cup and 2 Carling Cup.

Liverpool should sack Hodgson and hire me.

:p

Who would you bin though? Sammy or Torres? I imagine Torres is getting on in life?

That's my problem. Torres is getting on, but he's still doing good. Was planning on keeping him around for another 2 seasons at least.

Here he is in 2018:

5bfa52dee1e5859c2d1e40fe10a52506.PNG

b6bb2721d16a104bebce86495d25f6ed.PNG

He's only had a single season under me with less than 24 goals and in that one he scored 18 and was injured for 6 months.

Dude, you're not supposed to keep strikers around when they get that old. Maybe for a lower division or MLS side but not for Liverpool. Even El Nino needs to be put out to pasture sometime.

Or have them fight it out on the training ground with a cone and a corner flag, gladiator style. Like real men, bare chested and brutal!

Or golf clubs...

Dude, you're not supposed to keep strikers around when they get that old. Maybe for a lower division or MLS side but not for Liverpool. Even El Nino needs to be put out to pasture sometime.

Or golf clubs...

Please tell me you did not use the idea of golf clubs in relation to the idea of "real men"? :p

Doug, who golfs as often as possible.

Archived