What the hell?!

Okay Okay, let me paint the picture so far for you.

First season with my Derby County squad, were top of the Championship and we look like winning it. Im in january now and we drew Chelsea at home for the 3rd round of the FA cup.

We drew with them which ment we had to go to Stamford Bridge for a replay, thinking it was going to be a tough challenge for my rams. First half has just finished and im not 0-5 up!!!

How the hell am i beating a chelsea side who are challenging for the premier league title by 5 goalsss !!

No, im not cheating before anybody asks, i think the game is just being a freak of nature ha!

Will post what happens at full time!!!

Who started for Chelsea? Often the big teams play youngsters in the early cup rounds. That plus a team riding high on confidence could lead to a win, but 5-0 is very impressive. Well done man, enjoy it, may never happen again haha

OKAY THINGS JUST GOT INTERESTING!

Ive only gone and beaten Liverpool in the next round at home 2-1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is incredible !!!!!!!

http://s1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa443/lewissticky1/?action=view&current=Picture3.png

http://s1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa443/lewissticky1/?action=view&current=Picture4.png

I've noticed most of the top AI teams are vastly under performing in domestic competitions in FM11

While the Liverpool result is believable, would the Chelsea one really happen IRL? only if they were playing their youths... which they weren't

But, good results nonetheless

I took Forest up to the Prem... in my second season I finished 12th but I beat Chelsea both times we played.

Also, what type of reputation did you set yourself with? It seems the more experienced you put yourself as, the "easier" the difficulty level is. In other words, your players will take to your tactics the better your reputation you start with.

Right!

The better your reputation, the better your players will respond to your tactics. So rule of thumb: Someone who had a great season with a team and is here bragging about it... the one who started as a sunday league player had a "harder difficulty level" :)

That's why in the tactics forum, it's always healthy to question the posters there about their successes. Sure they had a great year, but what did they start their reputation as? International? Players who get the good results and who start as a sunday league player are the ones to look out for.

I started my Forest save as Sunday league player (the lowest reputation to start with) and I've done fairly well. Won the championship in the first season (by 2 points!) and then finished 12th the my second season (jumping 3j spots on the last match day). The transfer market is very difficult with this reputation as well, as it's harder to get the best players on your squad.

The Mighty Rams!

I too am managing Derby, end of 5th season now.

I signed Kapo and DeMerit - both performed in the Prem too. I also signed Wason Renteria as my fire power, but once I got promoted I signed Bueno permanently.

Now it's 2016 and we've won it all. Good luck with your team!

Archived