Sjc 4231

Ok, now I am new to SI forums, however, have been part of Fm Greece for over a year and finally decided to join this great forum.

I have always been a fan of the 4231, and I feel it is the most balanced tactic out there.

This tactic has been formed via Elhans 'Super Defence' 4231 tactic, so thanks mate

I have made some minor player tweaks, and have pushed up the DM's into the CM position with two barrows. Yes, its a classic tactic. Sorry to those who favor the creator tactics.

Now, I was promoted with Crewe Alexandra and was sitting in 18th in League One at the halfway stage and was struggling. After I implemented this tactic, it has transofmed my season.

Now, I am totally aware that not many people will reply to this forum, but I 100% sure it will work for you. I know its a big ask, but my team is playing great football and the defence is great.

Player requirements

- A creative attacking midfielder with good stamina

- Two Centre mids with good stamina aswell

- An all round striker, with good finishing, passing and strength

More to come with the requirements.

This tactic is considered to be very stable with both attack and defence, and I made tweaks based on how I want ALL my teams to play football, and I can gurantee your team will be solid at the back, and with the right signings and team talks, you WILL have your favorite save so far on the 11.1.1 patch

I know its a tough ask, but this tactic has made me enjoy this wonderful game again. I know there will be some negative feedback, but do try this and you will see what im boasting about. I simply made an account just to post this amazing tactic.

NOTE: Elhan deserves 99% of the praise. I simply made some tweaks to my players, and moved the two centre midfielders up. (with barrows to anchor defence when defending)

formationr.png

Many of you will browse past this thread, without bothering to download, as a lot of us do from untried tacticians, forum members etc. We have all done it :p

However, I urge for you to download this, as it will transform the way you play. You need to trust me on this. I know its a massive promise, but I have also prepared for negativity

http://www.filefront.com/17643941/Preveza 4231

What success with Crewe are you having, using this tactic? Maybe some screenshots of your league table?

Steve

PS. Going to start a new game in the EPL with possibly either Everton, Birmingham or Bolton to get an indication how it fairs in the higher divisions and will post back by tonight

When i'm at home i give it a try....

do you use OI? and which pitchsize?

thanks

I have not tested with OI at this stage. However, if there is an obvious threat, I will set closing down to always and show to weaker foot.

Looking very solid and potent attacking wise at this stage.

Out of curiosity, why did you decide to push the DMs to MC position?

Hey Elhan, firstly thanks so much for such a solid base tactic :)

They were sitting too deep and there was a gap in my midfield. The transition between attack and defence is much better now, and my team is playing greatly

However, all the credits go to you, or should i say 99% of them :p

I am still working on a few things, but its looking amazing, and very very stable mate

Test and let me know

In my opinion, by pushing the DMs -> MC without making any other changes to their settings, you are leaving a gap in front of your defense. Here's a couple of screenshots to illustrate my point:

gap1l.th.png

gap2.th.png

I don't mean to say that MCs can't work. Just that you need to make certain changes in order to not disturb the defensive function of the tactic. Assuming you still want to base this on the V2 of the original tactic, here are a couple of things I would do: 1. decrease the MCs' mentality by 2 notches and 2. push up the D-Line slightly. Personaly, if I absolutely wanted to play two MCs, I would go with a more possession based, short passing system like the V1, put the MCs and AMC on tight/man marking and play with a high D-line. The two suggestions I mentioned above however should work with your version. Generaly, I prefer playing with 2 DMs that have a higher mentality rather than two MCs with a lower one when it comes to counterattacking systems, and (usually) the other way round for possesion tactics.

This is just my personal preference however - if you are confortable with the defense the way you have it at the moment, and if you believe the offensive benefits you mentioned outweight the risks, then feel free to ignore my constructive criticism. I am really glad to see others making their own versions, I never ment my own version to be the end of all things, but rather to offer my personal point of view on this formation and how to defend properly in this new FM. Thank you for your kind remarks and best of luck with your tactic.

In my opinion, by pushing the DMs -> MC without making any other changes to their settings, you are leaving a gap in front of your defense. Here's a couple of screenshots to illustrate my point:

gap1l.th.png

gap2.th.png

I don't mean to say that MCs can't work. Just that you need to make certain changes in order to not disturb the defensive function of the tactic. Assuming you still want to base this on the V2 of the original tactic, here are a couple of things I would do: 1. decrease the MCs' mentality by 2 notches and 2. push up the D-Line slightly. Personaly, if I absolutely wanted to play two MCs, I would go with a more possession based, short passing system like the V1, put the MCs and AMC on tight/man marking and play with a high D-line. The two suggestions I mentioned above however should work with your version. Generaly, I prefer playing with 2 DMs that have a higher mentality rather than two MCs with a lower one when it comes to counterattacking systems, and (usually) the other way round for possesion tactics.

This is just my personal preference however - if you are confortable with the defense the way you have it at the moment, and if you believe the offensive benefits you mentioned outweight the risks, then feel free to ignore my constructive criticism. I am really glad to see others making their own versions, I never ment my own version to be the end of all things, but rather to offer my personal point of view on this formation and how to defend properly in this new FM. Thank you for your kind remarks and best of luck with your tactic.

Elhan thanks mate, really appreciate the effort here. These forums need more Elhans :p

Would it be too much too ask if you can tweak my version and then post the link here?

Your theories sounds very logical and I will definitely take your thoughts on board. Thanks once again

This is your tactic mate, I just wanted to share some of my experience since I experimented a lot with the original one. I'd say just go with what you have if it's working well for you, and perhaps try to experiment a bit with some of the things I mentioned above if you think it might improve things.

This is your tactic mate, I just wanted to share some of my experience since I experimented a lot with the original one. I'd say just go with what you have if it's working well for you, and perhaps try to experiment a bit with some of the things I mentioned above if you think it might improve things.

No problem mate

Is doing extremely well. Best tactic ive tried by far IMHO.

Will test in the EPL and provide more feedback.

Bad tactic

Arent you just great mate. Would be good if you can post some results

Its not a 'bad tactic' as Ive tested and its very solid

This forum is there to help the community, whether its via constructive criticism and praise, and NOT comments like your one.

Enough said

any oi use ?

i see the back four doesnt close down the opposition enough and it make opposition play through ball or long shot !

Havent tried OI. You can use them and let me know how they go. Wont hurt if we improve the tactic

Archived