International Squad Selections

It's Feb 2013 in my save and I am managing Grasshopper Zurich as well as Uruguay. Right after a South American WC Qualifier match, I decided to check out the top teams playing in WC qualifiers. I found some notable anomalies in terms of omitted star players:

Argentina: Lionel Messi, Sergio Aguero, Nicolas Otamendi (All star players, all absent from squad), Javier Mascherano (Captain, also not included in squad!)

Portugal: Cristiano Ronaldo (Captain), Pepe (Both star players not included in squad)

England: Wayne Rooney, Ashley Cole

Other not-so-notable ommissions:

Holland: Arjen Robben, Nigel de Jong

Ivory Coast: Didier Drogba

Now, I realize 2 years is long enough for team compositions to change a lot. But these players are listed as current 'Star Players' in the country's information tab. Also, how can the team Captain not even be In the Squad.

I've checked each of the ommitted stars' profiles and they've all got stellar attributes, and no injuries. I wish someone else at a similar stage in the game would also check the international teams in their save, so that we can confirm if this is just an isolated incident or a possible bug...

Archived