players fitness way to low, imo.

hi all good morning how are you, just wondering if any of you could help because as the title says all my save games so far have been ruined because of players fitness being to low, im not saying that im expecting players to be finishing matches with fitness levels of 100% but for instance in my latest game with stoke in every match most of my players are finishing with fitness levels of 60-65% which i think is too low if its not then im happy to be corrected.

are the fitness levels to low and if so is it because of something ive done or not done for instance ive not touched the training scheldules for two reasons 1) i dont really understand what each slider does and i dont want to over do it, and 2) ive never needed to touch the schedules in any previous versions of fm an cm ive been playing since cm-00/01.

so if anybody could help me id be really grateful as im enjoying every other part of the game just havent been succesful yet because of the low fitness levels.

Interesting topic.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. If fitness only represents their ability to perform in a match I guess 60-65 is about right for some players at the end of a game. However, I wonder what the thoughts behind regaining fitness are. IRL I would say most players regain almost all fitness between games and only rarely would benefit from a rest during the season. In my games I have to rest players for days when I have a stuffed program. That wouldn't happen IRL, where they would adjust the training schedule for it to match the players level of tiredness. I can't do that in the game, since any training strains the players more than 'rest' (and it would be insanse micromanagement). My guess is that resting players from training is very rare IRL, but in the game it is often needed.

Low fitness due to playing games has too much impact on the game IMO. As Bromley I beat Celtic 8-0 (!) in a pre season friendly. It was the final in a cup arranged by me, and all Celtic players were 20-30% lower in Fitness since I played with my back up players (!) who were high in fitness. IRL the good players can play 2-3 games a week and never completely loose it on the pitch.

hi thanks for the reply and like i say IMO players fitness does go down to much during games as like i say ive just started a new save with stoke an already after only 3 games 2 of which was in the league an 1 in the cup at the end of all these games the majority of my players fitness levels have been around the 60-65% mark when finishing matches which has resulted in good starts in matches but then finishing very badly, for instance i won my first game 2-1 against wolves on the saturday but shouldnt have conceded the goal as we were 2-0 up an the main reason we conceded was because of tiredness an fatigue, and then in my second we lost 2-0 to peterborough on the following tuesday as all my players were already knackered from the first game just a few days before and then the saturday after we started well against spurs going 2-0 up and having a man advantage when all of a sudden we got to tired and spurs got it back to 2-2 because of fatigue which in my opinion is unrealistic for so early in the season.

i do understand that as im managing stoke we cant always hold onto leads but i could understand it if it was because of the other team getting back into the match an playing well but IMO its a tad unrealistic for players to be getting tired an fatigued so early in the season.

hi thanks for the reply and like i say IMO players fitness does go down to much during games as like i say ive just started a new save with stoke an already after only 3 games 2 of which was in the league an 1 in the cup at the end of all these games the majority of my players fitness levels have been around the 60-65% mark when finishing matches which has resulted in good starts in matches but then finishing very badly, for instance i won my first game 2-1 against wolves on the saturday but shouldnt have conceded the goal as we were 2-0 up an the main reason we conceded was because of tiredness an fatigue, and then in my second we lost 2-0 to peterborough on the following tuesday as all my players were already knackered from the first game just a few days before and then the saturday after we started well against spurs going 2-0 up and having a man advantage when all of a sudden we got to tired and spurs got it back to 2-2 because of fatigue which in my opinion is unrealistic for so early in the season.

i do understand that as im managing stoke we cant always hold onto leads but i could understand it if it was because of the other team getting back into the match an playing well but IMO its a tad unrealistic for players to be getting tired an fatigued so early in the season.

Ok. My comments were more of a general character.

If it doesnt happen to the opposition I guess it has to do with the natural fitness, training level and style of play.

yer i do play closing down more but still shouldnt knacker the players out more because after all my players are in the top league in the country so they should be the fittest players i could understand if they were like league 1 or below standard but being in the top league should be the fittest players. espescially so early in the season for my players to be knackerd already

Sounds like it's having an effect though, try reducing it & see or try your tactic with another team as it could be Stoke's fitness level

I play a fairly high level of closing down for periods of the game & the lowest stamina player is usually Barry Ferguson at around 67% & he's 34

ill prolly give it a quick try later with one of the top teams ie man u or chelsea as if there levels start to be to low then i know theres a problem but dont wanna try changing my tactics for now as ive had a good start with stoke despite the low fitness.

It's going to depend on your players and fitness coaches i guess, but for me they aren't too low.

I manage Spurs and it's rare for a player to finish a match below 70%, but again this is variable-Toward the end of the season they were pretty tired. I like to play a pressing game but i won't do it for 90 whole minutes-You've got to pick and choose your times imo.

It's my wingers that tire the most, despite Bale having great stamina. And are you resting players? I am religious about resting players after a match, and i don't get many injury problems, and fitness %, pre game and post game, for me, are absolutley spot on in FM11.

when you say that your resting players after games how long do you normally rest players for as i woulda thought that wouldnt be enough time to rest people for as i like having the whole week or a few days after the game to prepare for the next game.

Depends on your tactics. My players usually finish with about 70-75% condition, with some of them less than 70% depending on their starting condition and their role. If you play high closing down or have players running all over the pitch then you will suffer for ir. What is their condition at the start of the game? If it's 100% or close to it then I'd say it's your tactics. If your players are starting matches with conditions of 95% or lower you need to rotate more.

I had a lot of problems with fitness levels when I had the pre-set training schedules in use. Now that I've changed them to my own they all play better and are a lot fitter. Also I found that putting my training at either just below 'very heavy' or just above is the best, after a few weeks of your players being more knackered, they seem to get fitter. I always get the 'fittest squad in the league' in the pre-season meeting - which is pretty good considering I've just had back to back promotions!

Fitness is not too low; on the contrary, in previous FMs it was too high.

In previous editions you could have players closing down and running about like blue-ar5ed flies at high tempo for 90 minutes every match with no adverse effects. That was unrealistic. Now you have to put more thought into your tactics if you want to plan long term strategy. If you play exactly the samw way as you did in FM10 then you have to realise you got to adapt.

You can't have it all.

Your players are tired but you won't rest them after a game because you want a whole week to get ready for the next game.

Maybe your players are tired because they play a game, then train every day and play another game, then train.....

If your players are tired, work them less.

Archived