Semi-Professional to Professional...?

Ok, I posted something similarish up a while ago about going full time with a semi pro club. However, I am just looking for some input on any tips on how to go about getting a semi pro team made up to fully professional status. I trust this has an impact on the level of player that the club can attract and with me (Ayr United) being one of only 2 semi-pro clubs in my league for the 2nd season running now, its making it tough to get together a good enough squad to win the 1 promotion place! We got promotion in the first season in a league that was nearly all semi-pro.

I now have all my playing and coaching staff on full time deals but I'm just wondering, from people's experiences, when/if the club will move to professional status?

Cheers in advance!

I thought this was answered before. it's in the board's hands, but what the manager can do is get all the staff on full-time contracts, get promotions and get the finances as healthy as possible. After that, it's a matter of patience.

What are the board's pre-season expectations? If they're expecting a struggle against relegation or mid-table obscurity they're hardly likely to change your status. Prove them wrong and push for promotion with what you've got!

Archived