Natural Position

Can someone who actually factually knows tell me if a players "natural" i.e the position he is "20" for in the editor influence the way the player plays? i.e if he's a natural central midfielder but can play on the right he will still not really dribble but rather pass more often etc or is it purely down to attributes?

attributes and PPM's will determine how a player plays.

Cheers. I read somewhere that a players natural position had some sort of effect because it influenced how the player would use his attributes and ppm but i guess it was wrong

If I remember correctly, there was a bug back in FM 2010 that allowed striker's position to be over 20. Those with such position could score long shots from the midfield line or even their own side. So I think position rating has a boost effect on the attributes.

If I remember correctly, there was a bug back in FM 2010 that allowed striker's position to be over 20. Those with such position could score long shots from the midfield line or even their own side. So I think position rating has a boost effect on the attributes.

It's still in FM11...

Don't their natural positions affect their play?

For example, Aaron Hunt and Ashley Young were originally wingers but are now midfielders in their respective clubs, but if you look at the chalkboards and the statistics, both of them have constantly been drifting to wider positions, i.e positions that wingers would usually be in. You can read this on zonalmarking.net actually. I would love if it can be confirmed that playing a natural striker/winger in a natural/accomplished AMC role gives a different effect to someone who is just able to play the AMC role naturally, even with the same PPM's and attributes.

IRL stuff like natural / original positions really affect their way of playing so I just wonder if it happens here too.

Archived