I thought Man Utd were in debt?

Yeah, on mine they bought Maicon (31) for £32m, then they bought another Right Back Anyukov for about £18m.

They did sell Nani to Barca for £33m thoguh (lolol Barca)

This is another problem, when a club is looking to buy players for a specific position and they bid on more than one, they don't bother pulling out of the second deal once they secure their preferred target.

Does anyone know if the AI manager is able to see his club's finance? It seems to me that they only get a transfer budget and a wage budget at the beginning of season, then spend it without knowing how much money the club is losing each month.

Yeah but they clearly cannot spend £60m in 6 months, regardless of sponsership. Perhaps it's too hard to implement this though, not sure

6 of the top 10 of Man Utd's all time transfer records have all taken place over the past 5 years, since Man Utd have 'been in debt'. If Man Utd wanted to splash out on a £100M warchest, they could. argue all you like.

When Real Madrid bought Kaka and Ronaldo, they were 300M Euros in debt.

There's a difference between debt for minnows and big time players. Arsenal/Liverpool could never splash out on record transfers because of their club stature, lack of global support etc. Reason for Real and Utd having the power to spend is because of the income through merchandise, tickets etc.

Does anyone know if the AI manager is able to see his club's finance? It seems to me that they only get a transfer budget and a wage budget at the beginning of season, then spend it without knowing how much money the club is losing each month.

i think 95 % of managers IRL only care about the wage and transfer budget without thinking about the red in the accounts..

Man Utd are in debt the same way anyone with a mortgage is in debt - yes, it's a big headline-grabbing number, but it's serviceable and part of the club's structure. They generate a lot of money, pay off the debt at the rate agreed (that's why the restructuring a few months ago was important, BTW) and have money for transfers.

It's a gamble because if they miss out on the Champions League they are in big trouble, which has happened in a few versions of FM, though not yet in my FM11 save. They're 5th in my save at the moment though, so it may not be long before they implode.

The Xavi thing is because the game has him down on stamina so he is unable to last a full match. I imagine the AI picks up on this. A big mistake on the part of the researcher.

It isn't a mistake by the researchers. It has been well documented that Xavi will have to cut down on the number of games he plays from now until the end of his career due to a continuing injury.

In debt, yes, but ridiculously profitable. No finance company in their right mind is going to lend a few hundred million to a company they don't genuinely believe has the ability and/or capital to pay it back promptly.

Man Utd can be in the debt they're in because they have the means to pay it back. Even after accounting for their monthly loan repayments, it seems they're still generating enough income to build up some cash for some hefty transfers, which I think demonstrates this perfectly.

This is another problem, when a club is looking to buy players for a specific position and they bid on more than one, they don't bother pulling out of the second deal once they secure their preferred target.

The AI has been doing that for years.

spartans your an idiot listen to Guillem Balague who has soruces all over Barcelona futbol club. its well known that Xavi as an achilles problem and he nearly snapped it and instead of having on operation that might not work hes going throgh the pain barrier until he retires. so by defauly guardiola is playing him less and less as the games go by until they want to buy fabregas its really well known to those of us here at Barcelona and ones that know football. clearly yet again a low minded fifa fan tries to un-contructivly slate SI and gets it Massivly WRONG!

spartans your an idiot listen to Guillem Balague who has soruces all over Barcelona futbol club. its well known that Xavi as an achilles problem and he nearly snapped it and instead of having on operation that might not work hes going throgh the pain barrier until he retires. so by defauly guardiola is playing him less and less as the games go by until they want to buy fabregas its really well known to those of us here at Barcelona and ones that know football. clearly yet again a low minded fifa fan tries to un-contructivly slate SI and gets it Massivly WRONG!

Not saying that there is problem in the game but pointing out your error in Xavi playing "less and less until Fabregas comes". Barcelona stats for this season so far: Played 15 La Liga games...Xavi played 13 with just 1 sub appearance. Played 6 Champions League games..Xavi played 5 of which one was a sub appearance.

Total games Barca played: 21..total games Xavi played 18..

Last season Xavi played the most number of games for an outfield player...51 games of Barca's total of 55 with just 4 of them being sub appearances. Similar stats for 2008-09 season. Barca played 58 games Xavi played 51 with 4 sub appearances....now who is the guy that i should listen to? I think you should change your news papers

Xavi picked up the injury after last season. so any stats previous serve no credability to your argument whatever it is. your arguing against not only what is a fact but what is logic. Xavi is being played less and less until he retires or they find a replacement (fabregas) so the only way for SI to implant this into the game is to lower his Stamina.

Xavi picked up the injury after last season. so any stats previous serve no credability to your argument whatever it is. your arguing against not only what is a fact but what is logic. Xavi is being played less and less until he retires or they find a replacement (fabregas) so the only way for SI to implant this into the game is to lower his Stamina.

OK, any stats with respect to previous seasons "serve no credibility" But what about this season? Xavi has played 18 of the 21 games so far...which accounts to more than 85 percent of Barca's total games...so what more "fact" and "logic" you want i dont know. Xavi has started 12 of Barca's last 15 games and of the three that he missed, one was in the cup game against a lower division team. As i said, i dont know whether there is a problem in the game so i cannot really comment on how SI have implemented this in the game. What i am pointing out is clear "facts" with regards to what has actually taken place so far...or does he have a twin?

p.s: Oh and the Champions League game that he missed...he was rested along with David Villa, Pedro and Dani Alves while Messi, Valdes, Puyol and Iniesta were on the bench :rolleyes:

Xavi is clearly not being played less and less until Fiberglass returns to Barcelona. He is understandably getting slightly less minutes perhaps but he is coming off the back of playing 50+ games last season for club alone, and he's just won a World Cup playing all the matches for his country. He'll burn out if he's not careful, hence the odd rest or two.

Archived