Has anyone else gone back to FM 2010, or just me??

I've tried to get into this new game but ive got easily frustrated with the minor bugs in it, minor changes i dont like such as no longer being able to view your squad seprated in 2 lists and the extra stuff in it like match preparation, agent interaction etc. I just wanted the game to be plain and simple like the previous versions!!

Is it just me??

Well, I'm holding out for the next patch in the vague hope it'll fix most of the issues, but it's likely I'll be reloading FM10 soon - though I've actually just quit playing altogether as of late. FM11 has actually been so mind-numblingly bad that it's put me off every FM game ^^

The biggest shame is that, technically, FM11 has the potential to be incredible...

This time last year I un-installed FM10 and went back to 09 - I have no clue where my FM10 CD even is any more... :S

I'm trying to not get so pee'd off with FM11 that I do the same as I did last year, but that 11.2 patch needs to come out soon!!!

Haven't been on here for a month or two so that's great news! Haven't seen them say this can you link the post?

its been the case since day one they have always said there will be a patch mid december, there always is. I also recieved this message from neil brock in a PM about my crash dump,

"Yeah should be resolved for patch 11.2 which will come out later this month - and your save game will be able to be continued.

Thanks. "

its been the case since day one they have always said there will be a patch mid december, there always is. I also recieved this message from neil brock in a PM about my crash dump,

"Yeah should be resolved for patch 11.2 which will come out later this month - and your save game will be able to be continued.

Thanks. "

There wasn't always a patch in December, only to fix bugs in recent years.

Personally I haven't seen an SI post saying December, only non SI posters. Hope you're right though.

There wasn't always a patch in December, only to fix bugs in recent years.

Personally I haven't seen an SI post saying December, only non SI posters. Hope you're right though.

they have said it numerous times in various threads, and in their blogs, and im pretty sure its said on the Match engine feedback thread (which has a list of changes so far done for 11.2)

they have said it numerous times in various threads, and in their blogs, and im pretty sure its said on the Match engine feedback thread (which has a list of changes so far done for 11.2)
Ok, great as I can't find any mention of the new patch in any blog could you point me to an SI thread that mentions a release date for the new patch, just for my own peace of mind?

Thanks in advance:thup:

Ok, great as I can't find any mention of the new patch in any blog could you point me to an SI thread that mentions a release date for the new patch, just for my own peace of mind?

Thanks in advance:thup:

this is the link for the blog, easily found in one of the stickys at the top,

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/football-manager-2010/Exclusive-Football-Manager-2011-blog-with-Miles-Jacobson-day-18-Upcoming-patches-revealed-and-check-out-our-anti-racism-podcast-article610699.html?utm_source=footballURLs&utm_medium=twitter

I've gone back to FM10 too.

The players' mood swings are too extreme, too sudden and too unpredictable... Everything you say (or DON'T say) might have catastrophic consequences on the whole team, for reasons far beyond your comprehension and common sense.

Such issue combined with the stingy transfer market [we went from £100M for Modric to £10M for Rooney... no happy medium eh?] and with the ever so flawed AI transfers policy [despite YEARS worth of bug reports, savegames etc] have turned a potentially great game into an annoying, frustrating and ultimately not-funny experience.

When/if the patch will patch the aforementioned issues (I've stopped expecting patches to SOLVE the problems, just a decent fix) I'll give FM2011 another in-depth chance. But until then, I'd rather stick to FM2010, which wasn't perfect, but at least its bugs weren't totally gamebreaking.

Only asked for a link because when I click it says deleted so thanks.

Doesn't really give December as a definitive patch date, only an indication of what they were going to do ideally which could leave it open to interpretation. Suppose it's the best I could ask for so thanks for the effort.

Only asked for a link because when I click it says deleted so thanks.

Doesn't really give December as a definitive patch date, only an indication of what they were going to do ideally which could leave it open to interpretation. Suppose it's the best I could ask for so thanks for the effort.

"This year, we were planning on two updates. One in December to fix any issues, and one in February/March to update the transfers.

But with the situation much changed at Liverpool since the game mastered, we’ve decided to do a patch on the day of release"

so nothing changes, there will still be a december patch and then another one at the start of next year after the january transfer window is closed.

si never give an exact date, its done when its done
This is exactly the point I was trying to make earlier.

Thanks for the links, still think SI are being slightly ambiguous on the date, if you read their replies carefully they are giving December as a target but leaving themselves an option of a later patch. I actually think this is sensible, they need to do everything possible to make sure the game works this time.

This is exactly the point I was trying to make earlier.

Thanks for the links, still think SI are being slightly ambiguous on the date, if you read their replies carefully they are giving December as a target but leaving themselves an option of a later patch. I actually think this is sensible, they need to do everything possible to make sure the game works this time.

yeah its something they have always done, they never given a definitive date for any patch, just a month time frame. no point in giving a date and then getting pilloried when you miss it, remember each new fix on the list requires testing. and i want a patch done well, rather than quickly, otherwise its a waste of a patch

I play FM 2006, it's my favorite version. It has a lot of the features I don't care for not in it.

Here are the pros of 06:

- team talks are more simple and effective

- morale isn't a issue

- transfers are very decent and realistic

- game is faster

- less media interaction (you can have none if you wish)

- hard to loan out players

Things I wish it had from the newer games:

- 3d match engine

- club affiliates (I just want this to make loans easier)

- dynamic league rep

- current scouting system (06 is too basic)

- board confidence

If it had those things from the above list I would think this would be the perfect FM game. 2006 has a great gameplay base, I wish it would just add on the things from above list without too many bugs. The game is straight-forward and fun.

I've gone back, at least until 11.2 is released. The transfer market issues are my main gripe. I could and would ignore all other issues since they don't feel like "game breakers" for me. I still think FM11 is potentially brilliant and I look forward to trying out the next patch.

I've tried to get into this new game but ive got easily frustrated with the minor bugs in it, minor changes i dont like such as no longer being able to view your squad seprated in 2 lists and the extra stuff in it like match preparation, agent interaction etc. I just wanted the game to be plain and simple like the previous versions!!

Is it just me??

I never stopped playing 10.....

thats because I hadn't played it much

I had always looked to November being my date for new FM purchases. Since FM09 that has changed. There are actually two SI titles that had me change the way i purchase their titles. OOTP 06 had to be their worst release ever, they made things right with the 07 release but i believe the headaches SI had from 06 they decided to release the title back to the original developers. FM09 same thing, bugs galore..i uninstalled and went back to 07 (FM08 shoulda been named FM Goalfest). Came back around June or so patched 09 and all was well. I skipped November 2009 for the FM10 title altogether. Purchased FM10 (10.3 patch) in May or June and havent even had to make the 1st whine post about it :)

I might purchase FM11 the same way but i may skip it altogether. SI has put so much empasis on details the game has gotten to be unfinishable for me. FM10 takes me about 2 months to finish a season now. The addition of contract haggling that just adds more time. Thing is SI makes the game better with every release (my view anyway) so reguardless if and when FM20 is released i will probably own at least 5 of the 10-20 titles. I just wont be part of of their betas anymore :)

I think FM10 is the worst game in the series together with FM08, so i've been playing fm09 up untill fm11. Very pleased with FM11 so far to be honest, some annoyances of course but no gamebreaking ones.

But of course still having my ass. man taking care of press conferences as they are through and through boring.

Would be nice if some of these "new" features could be possible to turn on\off, sometimes i just want a game with less stuff that i have to spend time on.

Really? :confused:

You're playing FM09 and you think 08 and 10 were bad! :eek:

Yes, i suppose you got the opposite opinion :)

My biggest problem with FM10 was the lack of wingplay, didn't play 10.3 a lot, suppose it might have gotten fixed there.

I didn't like what I got out of the tactics creator on 10 neither, always ended up going back to the classic tactic.

On FM11 I feel I can get a stable tactic with the TC, done some adjustment on advanced but nothing brutal. The shouts also seem to be a lot more effective and changing the way I play more realistic.

FM08 I really disliked the match engine.

My biggest problem with FM10 was the lack of wingplay, didn't play 10.3 a lot, suppose it might have gotten fixed there.

I didn't like what I got out of the tactics creator on 10 neither, always ended up going back to the classic tactic.

On FM11 I feel I can get a stable tactic with the TC, done some adjustment on advanced but nothing brutal. The shouts also seem to be a lot more effective and changing the way I play more realistic.

I get pretty good wingplay with 10.3, and IMHO 08's ME (with 8.0.2) is one of the best.

Agree with you on the TC, though. Can never get into it just because you're playing with someone else's presets and it's not completely of your own making.

Yes I went back to 2010. I had enough of playing 2011 without being able to view my squad separated into 2 lists, it was killing me. This was just the beginning of my nightmares though. A few seasons into 2010 and I realised Liverpool actually finished in the top 4 occasionally. Game breaking bug if I ever saw one.

To cut a long story short, next thing I knew I was playing Championship Manager Italia.

I'm still playing FM 2010, had a great career so far, in 2019 now and took Forest Green Rovers from BSP up to the Premier League.

I like FM 2010 a lot, the match engine feels excellent, I bought FM 2011 on the first day it was out, played it for a few hours, encountered a few bugs and went straight back to FM 2010, I may start a file on FM 2011 after the 3rd patch but i'll see.

Yes I went back to 2010. I had enough of playing 2011 without being able to view my squad separated into 2 lists, it was killing me. This was just the beginning of my nightmares though. A few seasons into 2010 and I realised Liverpool actually finished in the top 4 occasionally. Game breaking bug if I ever saw one.

To cut a long story short, next thing I knew I was playing Championship Manager Italia.

Liverpool do well in FM2010 because it's based on 2008/2009 performance. They almost won the league that season.

How did you guess! ;)

Wingplay was improved on 10.3. The one thing that I would concede on FM10, and probably its weakest point, is the disappointing crosses/headers.

I loved the tactics creator, I must say. Thought it was a terrific addition to the game.

I had a lot of fun on FM08. Each to their own I suppose! Opinion on that version of the game is always pretty divided. FM08 is a bit like Marmite: you either love it or hate it.

FM09, though, was the worst version of the game I've played. I hated pretty much everything about it, I'm afraid.

I thought the general consensus was that FM09 was awful and FM10 was a return to form. That's why I was surprised to see you dismissing 10 in favour of 09.

I loved the tactics creator, I must say. Thought it was a terrific addition to the game.

Yeah I like the idea of the TC, but in FM10 it was an alpha version imho. On FM11 we got the beta. Maybe FM12 will have a Release Candidate of it, but hopefully it will be a full version :)

For me FM08 was the tactic sets version, and was just plain annoying, TC makes it possible to adjust to opponent without having shitloads of tactics for each scenario.

I've gone back to FM10, I think FM11 has the potential to be a far superior game, but I like to have the confidence (in my tactics in particular) that I'm in control. I don't feel that with 11 yet.

The game is far from unplayable, and i'll continue to tinker around, but i'm back to FM10 at the moment with an updated Db.

Archived