Bizarre Game-Ending Tactic Exploit

chuz

I haven't seen any mention of this on the forums, so I'm claiming it as a new exploit. It's a very serious bug- If you don't want to know how to effectively end any match at any time (eg. as soon as you take the lead) then I'd recommend you stop reading right now.

I'm playing unpatched so apologies if this has been patched already.

As you can see in the following screenshot, my team (MV Croatia) scored in the 69th minute to put us in the lead, so I applied the exploit and we're still waiting for the kickoff after the 80th minute. The game did not (and cannot) restart:

gamestop.png

In the next game I was happy to hold on to my 7-2 lead after the first leg, so I applied the exploit early. Here's the match stats (note that the other team appears to have had the ball at the 12th minute when I made the match stop, hence the 97% possession):

fulltimestats.png

And last of all, here's how to do it. Your tactics shouldn't matter (though I do recommend Complete Dominance 10.2 because it's fantastic):

keeperup.png

That's it. Just move your keeper out of goals. The game seems to think that it cannot continue unless each team has a goalkeeper, so after the ball goes out and the tactics are updated, the game cannot restart... though the clock keeps ticking!

Occasionally the tactical changes are rejected because your assistant will inform you that don't have a GK on the pitch. If this happens, simply substitute the GK for an outfield player on the bench.

I hope this has been fixed for 11.1.1 and if so let me know and I will finally have a good reason to download the patch! If not, I still of course don't recommend this because it's a dirty exploit, but it is 100% effective...

Archived