What makes AI managers hate you?

Koki

David Moyes hated me despite never playing him yet and praising him.

I think my being the new manager of Liverpool has something to do with that. I'm like, dude it's just a game. He doesn't even manage Everton anymore and still doesn't me.

You'd think he'd be a little more professional and leave the rivalry stuff to the fans.

My persistent mind-games, belittling of opposing players as "weak links", doubting of opposing managers abilities, etc... in the media, not only meant opposition managers this season didn't particularly like me, it arguably cost me the BSN Manager of the Year award. :p

Having won the FA Trophy, reached the 4th round of the FA Cup, won the BSN by a country mile and losing only one league game, won Manager of the Month six times out of a possible nine, you would have thought I would be the stand out favourite for the award. Not so, because it's the managers that vote for that award.

I actually found it quite amusing to think that opposing managers in the BSN hated me enough, that they would disregard the success I'd brought to my club and vote for someone else.

I guess if you want to win respect and awards, you've got to play nice! ;)

David Moyes hated me despite never playing him yet and praising him.

I think my being the new manager of Liverpool has something to do with that. I'm like, dude it's just a game. He doesn't even manage Everton anymore and still doesn't me.

You'd think he'd be a little more professional and leave the rivalry stuff to the fans.

Excactely. Real life managers are usually a lot more professional than in game.

I also noticed that rival club managers hate you. But in my example I'm Freiburg and the Werder Bremen manager Schaaf hates me for no reason. We didn't play each other, there is no kind of rivalry between the clubs, they have different season objectives... etc. In fact he is even interested in one of my players so he should be friendly towards me. I mean, it isn't a big deal but still, I'd appreciate it if the opinion of AI managers about you would depend more on what you actually say about them.

Archived