Real Madrids Four Squads Help!

I see that there is the normal first 11 Madrid side.. Then theres a Castilla, Madrid 'C' and an under 19s team!

Why so many teams and which leagues do they play in?

I can see the under 19s fixtures and groups their in but the Castilla and C team dont have any fixtures - why??

looking forward to your replies

thanks

why cant i see castillas fixtures? and is it possible for madrid and castilla to be in the same league at any time?

The B and C teams can only as high as the division that is below the division that the team above them is playing in.

e.g. Barcelona in Liga BBVA and Barcelona B in Liga Adelante same with Villareal and Villareal B.

So even if Barca B or Villa B finish in promotion spot they will not be promoted the next team on the table will be.

The B and C teams can only as high as the division that is below the division that the team above them is playing in.

e.g. Barcelona in Liga BBVA and Barcelona B in Liga Adelante same with Villareal and Villareal B.

So even if Barca B or Villa B finish in promotion spot they will not be promoted the next team on the table will be.

What would happen if Barca or Villarreal were to be relegated? Would Barca B or Villarreal B automatically get relegated a division to avoid being in the same league?

yes i believe so, the rules state they cannot be in the league at the same time, no exceptions.

I know its only hypothetical but what about if Barca was relegated but Barca B finished in a promotion place? There would be nothing in the rules stopping Barca B being promoted as they wouldnt be in the same league. Knowing Spain im sure there are something in the rules that will always allow Real and Barca to be in the top division some way or another.

I know its only hypothetical but what about if Barca was relegated but Barca B finished in a promotion place? There would be nothing in the rules stopping Barca B being promoted as they wouldnt be in the same league. Knowing Spain im sure there are something in the rules that will always allow Real and Barca to be in the top division some way or another.

haha now that is a bit out there!!

I would think they would swap leagues, again they cannot be in the same league but there is no rule that says it must be the barca main team in the top division. I would think tho if this was really close to happening barca would steal the good players from the b team to improve the fortunes of the a team.

haha now that is a bit out there!!

I would think they would swap leagues, again they cannot be in the same league but there is no rule that says it must be the barca main team in the top division. I would think tho if this was really close to happening barca would steal the good players from the b team to improve the fortunes of the a team.

Yes more than likely. With Barca and Barca B essesntially all being the same club, I could see Barca arguing the case that they would only swap players over anyway so the Barca B team would contain all the original Barca players so there would be no point in messing all the league up and doing all the extra paperwork involved. Cheeky spaniards :D

I'm pretty sure that there has been an occasion that the "A" team finished in a relegation spot and the "B" team finished in a promotion spot one division down before in Spain, I just can't remember the club. The outcome was both were relegated.

I would think so. It seems ridiculous that the B team could be playing above the A team.

I think i've seen the situation where they both got relegated in game before as well.

Archived