[FM 11.1.1] ahsoon Lower/Higher League Defence Breaker Tactic v1

Updated with V2 - 12 Dec 2010

Recommended for those who want to try a tactic that can break very defensive teams

Teams Tested: AFC Telford United & ADO Den Haag

FM Version: 11.1.0 - 11.1.1

Tips

Use V1 when you are favourites to win, Use V2 when you are not the favourite side

Introduction

Firstly, I know after you see my tactic, you may see it as a joke, but seriously it's a good tactic and i would like to share it and collect some feedback from you guys

*Really really would appreciate all of your feedbacks especially defending corner kicks, Thanks.

Origin

I founded out this stupid tactic when i used the tactic creator. I was finding a good looking positioned tactic and tried different arrangement and stumble upon this very cool looking tactic -.-

Pros & Cons

Pros

- All aspect of the fields are positioned with players. This allow loose ball to be collected by your players at a 75% rate.

- There is always lots of possession due to players close together which make it easier to pass and even if ball is intercepted/rebounded there is always a 55% chance the ball will go to your player.

- Able to break defensive team easily.

Cons

- Sacrificed defense for attack. Not a balance tactic

- Usually lose to attacking teams

- Through ball by opponents are a killer

- Lousy corner defending

The high % of possession make up more for the weak corner defending and through ball breakdown, so don't worry.

*Will think of more. In progress. To be updated.

Insight of ahsoon Tactic V1

Tactic.jpg?t=1292084722

Summary of tactic picture

Looks nice right? Best of all you are able to switch to the other side. Like if you have a ML instead of a MR, then just change the tactic the other way round.

With only a DC controlling the defense side, it is no wonder this tactic is weak to through balls but the high % of possession make up for the weak corner defending and through ball breakdown, so don't worry. I also make an anchor man so that he can support the lone defender too. But I still think that bringing the anchor man to become a central defender would also be a good idea too. Would like your feedback.

Defending corner is still weak in this tactic. Hopefully any guys out there would come up with a good defending tactic for my tactic.

This tactic is created to make players cover all the spaces in different zones left by the opposition so it will be easy to attack through it.

Match Preparation

Just put the tactic in it and tick defence positioning. It doesn't matter, any is ok, I'm on team blend though.

Recommended Type of Players

Would seriously recommend a pacey defender to chase down those killer through balls. Good jumping stat is also a must!

Results so far

result.jpg?t=1292084729

Summary for results

As you can see i started using this tactic against Histon and 9 games through i won all and drew 2.

The draws are usually teams that are attacking at first and when they score they went back to defending so my tactic being a defence breaker broke their barrier and score. Its always good when the opposition score first.

Never ever use this tactic against teams that are way better than you because you are going to get PWNED by their through balls. Take for instance Derby VS Man United.

Not yet tried on good teams like Chelsea, Man Utd, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Etc... Would appreciate someone to try and post the results.

Match Settings

Basically, I leave everything to the assistant manager.

I auto assign the players but the subs i choose myself as i usually sub players base on their stamina % in the game.

The talks are by assistant too. I do not use the opposition instruction.

It would also be wise to tweak the tactic settings to satisfy with the current match situation

All in All

I would like you guys to try out this tactic and hopefully give me a feedback especially the corners. I know this tactic would be a failure for some but i hope its a success for most.

Also i would like to say a quote - Always a player's fault, Never a tactic's fault. So don't blame the tactic when you lose, blame the players, "show your anger" at them when they lose.

Thanks for reading :]

Update

ahsoon Lower/Higher League Defence Breaker Tactic v2

This is a more defensive approach to the tactic, sacrificing the anchor man for another defender.

FMtactic2.jpg?t=1292132119

Nothing special though, through balls are easier to defend now, though attacking and getting more possession is cut down quite a bit

Tips

Use V1 when you are favourites to win, Use V2 when you are not the favourite side

Download ahsoon tactic V1

Firefront download link

Mediafire download link

Download ahsoon tactic V2

Filefront Download Link

Mediafire Download Link

Tips

I'll give it a go with a new Chelski save.

But I'm a little bit suspicious there, Offside trap + normal DLine ?

Man marking with basically 1 DC ?

I'll report back later

oh i didnt set any of the specific instructions, it was what the computer gave me when i setup this tactic.

I use man mark with all the players if im not wrong.

Thanks for trying this tactic.

Feedback would be great, thanks.

I'd say the fact that he has only 1 CB necessitates the offside trap. If not, there would be too much space in the middle for long range shots, through balls, etc.

I'm going to give this one a go, out of interest.

I'd consider dropping the DMC into the CB slot and changing the MC role to defend if I don't fare too well at the start

I'd say the fact that he has only 1 CB necessitates the offside trap. If not, there would be too much space in the middle for long range shots, through balls, etc.

I'm going to give this one a go, out of interest.

I'd consider dropping the DMC into the CB slot and changing the MC role to defend if I don't fare too well at the start

Thread Updated with V2 tactic

Agree with you there. The V1 tactic of mine is really a let down when VSing teams that are attacking minded or better than you.

V2 of the tactic is somewhat like what you plan to do. I pull one anchorman down to be a ball playing defender so there would be more support for the lone defender.

Would hope for your feedback after you used this tactic, thanks.

*This doesn't really work with top teams though, I'm not sure, V1 lose to Man Utd 2-1 in the community shield however V2 won Man Utd 0-1. So I'm really not sure if this tactic fare well with top teams.

I guess V1 is meant for using when you are the favourites and V2 is meant for using when you are favourites to lose.

Ok here's some short feedback.

I tried V1 in the Dutch 1st dv (Eredivisie) with ADO Den Haag. Used it for half of my third season 2012-2013 (december to april). Before using it I was leading the league, ahead of hated rivals Ajax by one point.

League Games: Played - 15 Won - 10 - Draw - 1 Lost - 4 Goals For - 32 Goals Against - 17

It looks like the experiment was a success. By the way, I won the league and cup double :)

In defense, against the top teams like Ajax and PSV (Feyenoord to a lesser degree) the space in the middle was not helpful ( lost to Ajax and Feyenoord 0-1, beat PSV 3-2) too many through balls in the middle.

In attack this tactic is hard to stop, because there's always an extra man in the box. My AMC (Leonardo Pisculichi aka 'Piscu'. Free agent in 2011) was arriving late in the box to finish off moves, and if it wasn't him it was the MC.

Works for a decent mid-table side as mine is at the moment. I plan to give v2 a go, unfortunately I haven't had time to play recently.

Ok here's some short feedback.

I tried V1 in the Dutch 1st dv (Eredivisie) with ADO Den Haag. Used it for half of my third season 2012-2013 (december to april). Before using it I was leading the league, ahead of hated rivals Ajax by one point.

League Games: Played - 15 Won - 10 - Draw - 1 Lost - 4 Goals For - 32 Goals Against - 17

It looks like the experiment was a success. By the way, I won the league and cup double :)

In defense, against the top teams like Ajax and PSV (Feyenoord to a lesser degree) the space in the middle was not helpful ( lost to Ajax and Feyenoord 0-1, beat PSV 3-2) too many through balls in the middle.

In attack this tactic is hard to stop, because there's always an extra man in the box. My AMC (Leonardo Pisculichi aka 'Piscu'. Free agent in 2011) was arriving late in the box to finish off moves, and if it wasn't him it was the MC.

Works for a decent mid-table side as mine is at the moment. I plan to give v2 a go, unfortunately I haven't had time to play recently.

Glad it worked for you.

Yes, through balls and defence was a problem for me with this tactic, i could never figure out how to defend it properly. I tried making the anchor man mentality ultra defensive, but still my team always conceded too much through ball, then Version 2 was make to compromise the lots of through ball, it worked a little but then the most conceded balls are from the wings where the opponent run along the touchline and cross the ball inside.

But all in all congratulations to you for winning the league and double. And really thanks for the feedback. Oh if you plan to try to use V2, this version is cooperated with V1 so you must change the version by looking at the bookies if you are the favourites to win or lose. Thanks a lot.

With a formation like this it's going to be hard defending on the wings. FM'11 has sort of overcompensated for the lack of wing-play problem of FM'10.

V2 is a bit more stable through the middle, but talented attacking players will still cause trouble through the middle.

Feedback with ADO Den Haag again:

League: Played-10 Wins - 3 Draws - 5 Losses- 2 Goals For: 13 Goals Against: 12

Lost all the Champs Lg Games in this span with Goals For- 4 Goals Against - 10

V1 worked better for me, but only when I'm odds on to Win.

I'm not sure how to counter the wing problem (dropping the LWB and RFB to ultra defensive didn't work). It seems to be a reality of the formation you chose.

Archived