It's starting to bug me when the opposition managers talk a load of rubbish

Granted, they do in real life quite a lot, but sometimes this game throws up stupider comments than normal. I've lost count of the number of times I've spanked someone by 3 or more goals, playing possession football, and succeeding in the league, only to hear a manager saying that if my team stopped trying to pass the ball into the back of the net we'd be better off. I mean, clearly it worked against them and most other teams in the game!

The last one though has come after I've played AC Milan in the Europa League. I'm 2nd in the league, 1st season, am doing well overall. Played them Away, getting a narrow 3-2 win. Then played them at home and spanked them 5-1, thanks to two goals from Torres, one from Gerrard, and two from a regen I picked up(made a thread about him) who's gonna be great. He then tells me I'm out of my depth. Right. Firstly if I'm out of my depth, what does that make him? Secondly, I'm doing pretty damn well so far, so it's not like he's got anything to go on either.

I'm just ranting really here, I realise that you'll probably get a few managers who would say stuff like that IRL, but in my opinion this sort of stuff is getting said far too often.

Who does that in real life? I thought in the management profession it was considered bad form to tell another manager how to manage his/her team?

I'm sure in the past that other managers will have commented on teams like Arsenal trying to pass the ball into the back of the net. And I'm even more sure that a lot of managers complain about other teams playing negative football, or long ball football.

Archived