I wish...

...that in the next FM SI Games bothers to update things like kits, faces and logos, which they haven't really done for who knows when in most cases.

Yes, player made packs are a nice thing, but as a consumer we shouldn't have to expect that others update SI Games' game for us. 9 out of 10 of the kits outside the licensed leagues are wrong in the game itself, for example. And they are not just last seasons' or the seasons' before it kit for the team in question, like the ones I get from re-using player made kitpacks from FM10, but just fantasy apparently.

It's not really that big a deal for going through the teams' offical websites for information, you know. Before adding player made kitpack, I'm pretty sure that only one team in the Dutch Eerste Divisie had both a correct home and an away shirt.

What are you on about?

You clearly are about 12 years old lol, they update all kits each game, they also have as many realistic logos as they are LEGALLY allowed to do, and the facepack would take up too much space on the disk when people just make them for free anyway?

Update all the kits in the game? You have no idea what you are claiming to... In most of the leagues almost all the kits are wrong. I just went looking through German 3. liga teams' kits both in game and the teams' homepages and beyond a couple of the teams - like Eintracht Braunschweig - the kits were wrong. It's the same everywhere beyond the top levels in the few licensed leagues: The kits are about 90 % wrong.

And if the kits happen to be correct, something else isn't. Like in the Eerste Divisie: RBC has about the right kits and Almere City's are 100 % correct. Pity that the game claims that the latter team in it's current form - minus the name - is established in 1997, when the year is 2001. (These wrong dates are also very common and could be easily corrected by just looking at the teams' official websites for example.) Ok, one can go and use the editor to correct the date, but still, it's annoying.

What comes to the facepacks, FM10 had a good amount of faces included, especially for the UK leagues. FM11 doesn't. And the faces don't take that much of disk space, nor the logos - not so hard to look for nor ask permission to use, not include if not given, of course - nor the correct kits or the backgrounds.

And it's a pain to download all the kits you want - one collection I would have wanted would have to be downloaded free in 27 different parts or in one part, if payment would have been paid to a shady torrent site. Another pack I'm downloading comes in 8 different parts with hours between each download if you don't pay. (Naturally, all the money goes to the download sites, not to the pack making fans.) Yet, the game looks and feels rather bad to me without as many faces as possible and without logos and with wrong kits. Luckily I could transfer much from FM10 to FM11, although naturally many kits have changed in details, but at least the colours tend to be correct.

The game just leaves a shabby feel in the form it comes from the disk.

I can correct that thanks to the great efforts of those who do the packs and put the polish on the game, but I assume many other users just go without the things that make the game a bit more realistic and better looking. In my opinion, it seems to me that SI Games just takes the unpaid efforts of fan pack makers as granted and I feel that it has become too lazy in it's own efforts because of it.

What comes to the facepacks, FM10 had a good amount of faces included, especially for the UK leagues. FM11 doesn't.

Don't know about the other stuff, but I'm pretty sure that the clubs have to co-operate and send in kit pictures and the player faces and maybe not many clubs did it this year?

Don't know about the other stuff, but I'm pretty sure that the clubs have to co-operate and send in kit pictures and the player faces and maybe not many clubs did it this year?

Could be. In the licensed leagues the leagues should sent kits apparently and teams face pictures, but the differences between FM10 and FM11 are great even in the lower level English divisions this year. FM10 had a lot of pictures of Conference players, main kits seemed to be more or less correct, this year there are apparently almost no pictures and kits seem to be wrong in a large degree. They have been changed, but for the worse, and some teams have even lost their correct team colours.

Why couldn't they have at least used the face pictures and kits from FM10 in these leagues for FM11? I doubt there are any legal restrictions when it comes to average and low division players with no advertisement contracts etc...

There are ALWAYS restrictions (legal) on using a person's image in the process of making money. That's why you license them.

I do agree that I've run across a fair amount of inaccuracy this time. I'm doing a lot of playing in Wales (trying the Welsh Challenge) and a lot of the set-up in the WPL is incorrect, for example.

The graphics boffins make a lot of skins, logos, player pics etc that are far better QUALITY that what comes out of the box. Where the rights are acquired already by SI, I think the company ought to pay these amateur creators a little something to get their great work in the next official release.

SI can only put in what they are giving, if a team doesnt provide pictures they will not be in the game, if a team doesn not reply with their new kits or updated info they will not be in the game and for legal reasons they will not go out of their way. If this kind of stuff is important to you the editors hideaway will be your best friend.

See plenty of people don't care one bit about this (like me) if you do you download the extra material off the web, seems a decent balance to me. I'd rather SI worried about the actual gameplay than chuffing pictures.

That's your choice, but the fact remains that SI expects others - the fans - to add what is missing and correct what is outdated or wrong, and I certainly think that the amount of this material seems to have increased from FM10.

Ha quite funny that hes used some really lower league clubs and unknown teams :confused:

I'm trying several different saves, to choose what I will concentrate on, and the last one I played was with Solihull Moors in the Conference North. I also have saves like one with First Vienna FC 1894 in the Austrian second level. Nothing funny in it that I can see of.

That's your choice, but the fact remains that SI expects others - the fans - to add what is missing and correct what is outdated or wrong, and I certainly think that the amount of this material seems to have increased from FM10.

gotta disagree with you here. theres enough issues with the game without time being taken out to sort out something the community can and does do, probably even better than SI could.

they dont expect anyone to add any extra info at all, they do however appreciate when fans decide to add more.

Again there may be more info missing but that could be due to real life clubs being less responsive this year and it could be due to teams being stricter with what they allow SI to use info wise about their club. Take this issue up in the data forum, i would imagine you would get better feedback there as to why some of this has been missed out.

I think the germans are quite reluctant to let SI use some data, hence the reasons for the national team not selecting real players unless you find the fix.

they dont expect anyone to add any extra info at all, they do however appreciate when fans decide to add more.

Again there may be more info missing but that could be due to real life clubs being less responsive this year and it could be due to teams being stricter with what they allow SI to use info wise about their club. Take this issue up in the data forum, i would imagine you would get better feedback there as to why some of this has been missed out.

I think the germans are quite reluctant to let SI use some data, hence the reasons for the national team not selecting real players unless you find the fix.

EA hold the licence for the germans

They really can't add player pictures and logos that they didn't license. They would get sued. That's how it is and there's really nothing you or I or SI (with the Konami and EA exclusivity stuff) can do about it.

EA hold the licence for the germans

ah is that the reason?

i did remember there being an issue a few years back with Kahn not being happy with his rating in the game and therefor they had to take him out or change his name to something made up, or something quite similar to this, i had assumed something similar may have happened here.

gotta disagree with you here. theres enough issues with the game without time being taken out to sort out something the community can and does do, probably even better than SI could.

Except that some of the missing material was already in FM10 and some things that are now wrong were correct in it. Somebody has taken time to do those things, and personally I do feel that companies should put out more finished products. If SI can't handle this and the other issues coming up with this version in the current timeframe, then perhaps they should in the future do a new version every second year instead of every year, and bring out just update expansions in the time between full games.

gotta disagree with you here. there's enough issues with the game without time being taken out to sort out something the community can and does do, probably even better than SI could.

Stop moaning about childish things then i mean come on, going on about SI because they have the wrong colour green in some german amatur division clubs away top is a bit sad really :p, i know thats not what you have said but come on lets be right

and they dont expect you to download or update nothing you do that off your own back dont you :confused:

Except that some of the missing material was already in FM10 and some things that are now wrong were correct in it. Somebody has taken time to do those things, and personally I do feel that companies should put out more finished products. If SI can't handle this and the other issues coming up with this version in the current timeframe, then perhaps they should in the future do a new version every second year instead of every year, and bring out just update expansions in the time between full games.

your not reading the thread, there are licensing issues they cannot get around, if fans choose to release updates off their own back that is different, very little chance of a single person being sued for misrepresenting a player or club in the game whereas it would be much easier to go after SI.

Stop moaning about childish things then i mean come on, going on about SI because they have the wrong colour green in some german amatur division clubs away top is a bit sad really :p, i know thats not what you have said but come on lets be right

and they dont expect you to download or update nothing you do that off your own back dont you :confused:

??? i wasnt moaning about anything. You sure that reply was meant for me?

No mate sorry click wrong quote button :p:thup:

was aimed at Somebody Foolish :thup:

lol ok mate no worries :thup: . I think he is worrying about something thats not that important in the overall scheme of things FM wise. the community can do facepacks, they cant do ME fixes. Let SI dedicate time and resources to things like bug fixes, its not like there arent thing that need doing there.

• SI Staff

We don't expect anyone to do anything. We include as much licensed content as we can where we have the rights to do so.

We can't use player pictures we used in FM 2010 in FM 2011 (unless we are sent the same ones from the clubs). Kits aren't really relevant as in most cases these change each year anyway. Logos are kept though and updated. Your point about taking two years and filling in gaps is a poor one as most of this content is seasonal.

• SI Staff
Let SI dedicate time and resources to things like bug fixes, its not like there arent thing that need doing there.

I hate it when people say this sort of thing. The people who would do things like kits and that sort of stuff are artists, not programmers. ;)

Archived