Nobody wants me :(

I have Managed Basel (Swiss league) for 4 successful years. 4 titles 2 Swiss Cups wins, done ok in Europe, I have a win ratio of 59%, I have a Rating of World Class, But I am never linked to any vacancies, even if its German 2 Div or a Championship team in England. Even if I'm not linked to a vacancy I still apply and never get it :(

So the question is why not? is it because the Swiss league isn't a high rep league, even compared with Championship/2 league in Germany..as I would have thought it is according to the ranking stars?

I'm getting some job offers but finding that the manager reputation thing is a bit wonky. I started the game (automatic rep, lowest league was bluesquare premier) with a national rep. Then it went down to unproven i think, then to regional. Then after a few years (and saving a few clubs from relegation) it went up to national rep. Then after spending 6 months without a job it went back down to regional :/. Which sorta makes sense, if you're out of the game for a while your rep could lower but I don't think it should be that drastic as alot of managers spend time between jobs without losing reputation, simply cause it is appropriate for a manager to wait for the right job, otherwise we'd have out of work world class managers working in the conference just to stay in the game so their rep doesn't go down which doesn't make sense.

ps:- @ OP. I think the rep may be linked to your nationality or region perhaps? I say that cause starting as a new zealander with sunday league football experience puts me on a national rep but i still generally can't get jobs which a national rep should be able to get, so maybe it's that the swiss league isn't that highly rated... though why you're listed as world class doesnt' really make sense then.

pps:- @ SI. Erhum, NZ is not that small a country, if i go play sunday league soccer i am not suddenly going to become a national icon in NZ... (just wondering why my rep is listed as national when i only have sunday league experience and a nz nationality).

I've found that if you resign and apply for jobs you get lots of offers. I was offered 4 jobs within 2 days of resigning.
Thats one way I suppose, but don't want to be unemployed for too long..Plus I'm happy at Basel, just thought I was doing well enough to progress if I wanted too :)

I had this problem but when I took a job, at Hertha bottom in Germany, clubs like Roma wanted me, crazy!

Take any job you can no matter how low quit (maybe play a game or 2) and then try and get jobs, do this on a backup save though or don't save it as I don;t know if it will work

I had this problem but when I took a job, at Hertha bottom in Germany, clubs like Roma wanted me, crazy!

Take any job you can no matter how low quit (maybe play a game or 2) and then try and get jobs, do this on a backup save though or don't save it as I don;t know if it will work

I guess it must have something to do with the reputation of the league, but its slightly mean! Tried to get a job in English Div 1 and Scotland, still nothing and not even linked although ex players seem to have no trouble, even if its lower league. I can see where its coming from. But I am not a new Manager.

Well, going to resign and see what offers if any come in

Archived