Is this a Bug - (Stupid negotiated offer)

it's yet another way SI screw the paying customer...

even when a team has accepted a bid from another team, the human manager can't offer a similar amount and get it accepted - ALL of your rival teams can, but the human team? nahh, you can't have this player for a reasonable price even if your team is the only one he'd really consider going to in RL

it's always been the same, and it spoils the realism of the game.

If CSKA can bid 7mill for a player from a South American league and have it accepted, if Wolves can offer 7 mill for the same player and have it accepted, if Spurs can offer 7 mill for the same player, and Roma, and HSV and so on, then I, as manager of Man Utd for example, should also be able to offer 7 mill and have it accepted but nooo, they come back to me and ask for 20 mill, then 25mill and so on and on and on....

fix it please SI...

it's yet another way SI screw the paying customer...

even when a team has accepted a bid from another team, the human manager can't offer a similar amount and get it accepted - ALL of your rival teams can, but the human team? nahh, you can't have this player for a reasonable price even if your team is the only one he'd really consider going to in RL

it's always been the same, and it spoils the realism of the game.

If CSKA can bid 7mill for a player from a South American league and have it accepted, if Wolves can offer 7 mill for the same player and have it accepted, if Spurs can offer 7 mill for the same player, and Roma, and HSV and so on, then I, as manager of Man Utd for example, should also be able to offer 7 mill and have it accepted but nooo, they come back to me and ask for 20 mill, then 25mill and so on and on and on....

fix it please SI...

Why do you always assume the worst? It's not like SI are deliberately trying to ruin your life.

@OP yes it is probably a bug, I'd search for it in the bug forum, and if it's already posted add your example as further proof (you never know they might need the save to fix it), and if not set up a new thread, preferrably with the save from where the £12m bid was accepted. Though there is an extremely small possibility that the player in question (Gaucho) was an extremely important player for Inter and was tranfer listed by request, only to change his mind after your bid withdrawl.

Why do you always assume the worst? It's not like SI are deliberately trying to ruin your life.

@OP yes it is probably a bug, I'd search for it in the bug forum, and if it's already posted add your example as further proof (you never know they might need the save to fix it), and if not set up a new thread, preferrably with the save from where the £12m bid was accepted. Though there is an extremely small possibility that the player in question (Gaucho) was an extremely important player for Inter and was tranfer listed by request, only to change his mind after your bid withdrawl.

So you're saying that you've never had it where you've made a reasonable offer for a player that the selling club have tried to re-negotiate to stupid numbers despite accepting similar bids from other teams including your rivals?

It's one of the most frustrating aspects of the game, players that are 'in demand' (and that doesn't necessarily mean by lots of clubs, 2 or 3 is enough) are virtually impossible for a human manager to buy at a fair price. It was in 09 and 10 as well as in 11, and is just taking the mick out of us, the paying customer...

In my Sampdoria save this year I tried to buy a CB from a South American team as I was in the Champions League knockout stage and needed a new CB desperately (most of the good ones in Europe were/would be cup-tied).

His value was something like 3 mill, I offered 6.5mill, the selling club tried to negotiate 12mill but, at the same time, they accepted a bid from CSKA (I think?) for 7 mill. I then offered 7 mill, and they tried to negotiate 15mill, I offered 7.5, they asked for 20, and so on... it was impossible to get the guy for a reasonable price...

he went to CSKA :(

Completely out of order and 'not good enough'! If 7mill is enough from one club who is not a rival competitively or otherwise then it's good enough from any club that is not a rival! (Except if it's a human club apparantly...)

It needs fixing, because it's been the same in the last 3 versions that I can remember, and probably even before that!

So you're saying that you've never had it where you've made a reasonable offer for a player that the selling club have tried to re-negotiate to stupid numbers despite accepting similar bids from other teams including your rivals?

No what I said was that it was almost definitely a bug, but there was a very small chance that it could be a very unusual event clearly within the scope of the game. If you are going to reply to me in future, please actually read some (any) of my post before replying, so I don't have to repeat myself and waste my time.

And what makes you think that it is unreasonable for a club to accept an offer from another but not the same offer from the third? Maybe you were fierce rivals, maybe you annoyed their manager through taunting, maybe you've pulled out of deals with them before and they're annoyed, or maybe CSKA gave the £7m straight up (which they needed) and you gave it over 48 months which was no good for them. Alternatively the player could have been almost finished negotiating with CSKA before you popped in, and secure in the knowledge that they had £7m they decided to bump up the price. Do not assume that the general give and take of real life negotiations are not good enough for the game. Just learn how to improve your negotiation skills within the game instead.

i must say i have never really seen this issue in any versions of this game, in previous versions it was impossible to tell exactly what an AI team had offered as you could not see the deal so even if you had offered more money they may have offered better clauses that would make the team more money in the long run, this one makes it a bit easier as you can check what other teams have offered. Have you checked any of the transfer clauses CSKA may have offered?

No what I said was that it was almost definitely a bug, but there was a very small chance that it could be a very unusual event clearly within the scope of the game. If you are going to reply to me in future, please actually read some (any) of my post before replying, so I don't have to repeat myself and waste my time.

And what makes you think that it is unreasonable for a club to accept an offer from another but not the same offer from the third? Maybe you were fierce rivals, maybe you annoyed their manager through taunting, maybe you've pulled out of deals with them before and they're annoyed, or maybe CSKA gave the £7m straight up (which they needed) and you gave it over 48 months which was no good for them. Alternatively the player could have been almost finished negotiating with CSKA before you popped in, and secure in the knowledge that they had £7m they decided to bump up the price. Do not assume that the general give and take of real life negotiations are not good enough for the game. Just learn how to improve your negotiation skills within the game instead.

good post that man!

It's one of the most frustrating aspects of the game, players that are 'in demand' (and that doesn't necessarily mean by lots of clubs, 2 or 3 is enough) are virtually impossible for a human manager to buy at a fair price. It was in 09 and 10 as well as in 11, and is just taking the mick out of us, the paying customer...

In my Sampdoria save this year I tried to buy a CB from a South American team as I was in the Champions League knockout stage and needed a new CB desperately (most of the good ones in Europe were/would be cup-tied).

His value was something like 3 mill, I offered 6.5mill, the selling club tried to negotiate 12mill but, at the same time, they accepted a bid from CSKA (I think?) for 7 mill. I then offered 7 mill, and they tried to negotiate 15mill, I offered 7.5, they asked for 20, and so on... it was impossible to get the guy for a reasonable price...

he went to CSKA :(

Completely out of order and 'not good enough'! If 7mill is enough from one club who is not a rival competitively or otherwise then it's good enough from any club that is not a rival! (Except if it's a human club apparantly...)

It needs fixing, because it's been the same in the last 3 versions that I can remember, and probably even before that!

Computer clubs rarely make offers without incentives/clauses. I think you'll likely find this is the issue. It wasn't hard to figure out...

I've literally never had this problem before with AI clubs having lower bids than mine accepted. Whenever I bid the same as an AI club it's always accepted. As for the OP there could be any number of reasons for that. Pulling out of a deal is probably the reason they've asked for so much more money this time around. Has the player recently signed a new contract? That could affect his price too.

no, no and no...

I was first to bid, and usually am, but I've had the same issue in previous versions of the game too... (and I've played since CM2!)

I've looked through the notes of the game that I referred to earlier (Sampdoria)

The player was Mario Fernandes from Gremio: I made a bid of £5mill plus clauses, then Spartak Moscow made a bid of £5.5 plus clauses (total value of transfer £6.015mill), I then made a bid of 6mill plus clauses, which was negotiated to excess of £13.8mill, I then made another bid of £7mill plus clauses which was negotiated to £11.9 mill to which I thought I was getting somewhere, made a higher bid, not overly high, probably £7.5mill up front plus clauses which was negotiated to £12.9mill which was just taking the mick, that's not a negotiation at all it's just a rip-off! He ended up going in a £6.015mill deal to a club that was already out of European competition when he could have (and most probably would have) come to a club which was in the CL knock-out stages. I was prepared to pay a reasonable fee, not be ripped off...

My point stands, if the price of £6mill is good enough for one club, then it is good enough for EVERY club (with the exception of competitive and local rivals for obvious reasons).

And it needs to be fixed!

You seem to have missed this important detail in the OP:

"The weird thing is that, i had my offer accepted 2 weeks earlier for a fee o 12M euro wich i withdrawn."

So in this case at least he annoyed Inter by withdrawing from a transfer deal after having a 12M Euro bid accepted. If I was Inter I would have done the same thing.

Lazaru, I suspect that you also annoyed the selling club and so they ended up increasing their demands to you whilst accepting a lower off from a club that wasn't ticking them off. I certainly don't see a problem with that and I dare say that the selling club would do a similar thing to you again if you go in for one of their players.

If the AI gets a bid accepted, I always get the same bid accepted - sometimes a lower bid.

Are you sure that Spurs, HSV etc don't all offer a deal STARTING AT £7m, which in fact could be worth £25m.

Yours is a problem that I do not have, I have zero trouble buying players, it's the selling them that does my head in.

Have you guys not used non-negotiable offers?

Sometimes other teams have had 7m, let's say, bids accepted, and I haven't - which does happen,IRL as well: if Man City want a player, they don't get quoted the same price as Everton would be quoted.

But if you offer 7.5m non-negotiable, and give them a little while to think about it (reply in 2 weeks), they'll usually have to give up on ripping you off, since they've accepted the other offers already, and settle for squeezing an extra 0.5m out of you.

Archived