game keeps crashing!

Sorry you're struggling. Crashes happen for a tonne of reasons so here's a few options to help you fix it;

- Update DirectX

- Update Java

- Update your graphics and sound card drivers

- Go to preferences and turn off "data collection"

- Make sure you're playing the latest patched version

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Matt

finally got past a match! :)

im now thinking it had something to do with changing the display size. i always play windowed mode, but to see all the training categories i need to put it on default full screen size. so thats all ive done different than usual, could it be that?

Sorry you're struggling. Crashes happen for a tonne of reasons so here's a few options to help you fix it;

- Update DirectX

- Update Java

- Update your graphics and sound card drivers

- Go to preferences and turn off "data collection"

- Make sure you're playing the latest patched version

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Matt

Matt, is this true? Can sound card problems cause games to crash? I'm not having any trouble with FM what so ever but I have got one game in-particular that crashes on me an awful lot... I'm now wondering if you might have suggested something here that I never even thought of.

Well - as a general rule you're better off having your drivers as up to date as possible.

Sorry but why would that have any impact whatsoever?

If you've been playing the game for weeks and then it suddenly stops working it seems tremendously unlikely that the problem is your drivers being out of date. Unless you've updated the game so that it uses features in newer drivers and not in older ones which he's running, it cannot have any impact.

I suspect the real issue here is what's been fixed by the hotfix patch: for the nth year in a row there are showstopping bugs in FM which weren't picked up by SI's testers yet again.

No big deal for me but I wish SI would stop dressing it up as something which isn't a deficiency on their part.

Sorry but why would that have any impact whatsoever?

If you've been playing the game for weeks and then it suddenly stops working it seems tremendously unlikely that the problem is your drivers being out of date. Unless you've updated the game so that it uses features in newer drivers and not in older ones which he's running, it cannot have any impact.

I suspect the real issue here is what's been fixed by the hotfix patch: for the nth year in a row there are showstopping bugs in FM which weren't picked up by SI's testers yet again.

No big deal for me but I wish SI would stop dressing it up as something which isn't a deficiency on their part.

sorry but it does have an impact. had a member on our forum who had been playing the game quite happily for a month then it suddenly stopped working. asked him to send the details from his dxdiag. Turns out his drivers were out of date, sent him a link a for updated drivers, and everything was fine again. EVERY game developer recommends that you have the latest sound and videos drivers for you games.

So actually not necessairily a deficiency on SI's part. Guess you shouldnt jump the gun on them

Unless you've updated the game so that it uses features in newer drivers and not in older ones which he's running, it cannot have any impact.

SI do tend to do this in the patches - obviously there's only so much config hardware they can own and test it on so if people report specific issues that they can address, then they do, as far as I am aware.

Archived