I wish the wing backs would overlap the wingers at least once or twice a game

I think the title is pretty self explanatory.

Even setting wing-backs to attack, etc, doesn't spur them to cross the half way line for fear of nose bleeds. Anyone else experience specific instructions not quite working?

I have done. They started to venture forward on occasions, but never so far that you'd consider them a threat. Thanks though.

And btw, I'm not complaining bout the tactics in FM11, I think they're the best yet. It's literally just this specific instruction.

not really, my fullbacks often get beyond the winger, but remember as in real life, the winger needs to be moving inside for that to happen, i normally have my wingers moving into channels

you need to create the space for them to move into

True. I have them cutting inside. Might be something to do with me being Hinckley with the worst set of players in League One! Thanks.

no worries, its something i didnt get my head around back in fm10, but its important to note that players movement can be dictated by the space they have, if your winger hugs the touchline everytime and crosses from the byline, your fullbacks/wingbacks cant overlap because the winger will be standing where they would want to run

no worries, its something i didnt get my head around back in fm10, but its important to note that players movement can be dictated by the space they have, if your winger hugs the touchline everytime and crosses from the byline, your fullbacks/wingbacks cant overlap because the winger will be standing where they would want to run

Makes sense. I'll tweak tactics and see. My full back isn't quite a Cafu, Cole, Bale or even a Guppy, he's more of a Gerry Taggart to tell the truth, a Taggart of League Two standard. Dire. In fact I don't think tactics will help him now, but I'll give it a go.

Anyone every notice the touchline shout "Look for Overlap"? It does more than set the fullbacks to run forward often...

Yeah. I've used that option - it's a little too broad though.

And my full backs all have decent stats for that league; crossing, pace, acceleration, dribble, pass, positioning, etc.

Archived