Cant get a new job ANYWHERE!

I was at Ajax for 2 years, in those 2 years:

x2 League Titles

x1 Dutch Cup

x2 Dutch Super Cup

Runners-Up in the Euro Cup (Beat Real Madrid In The Quarter Finals)

Ive got myself CONTINENTAL reputation BUT no one will give me a job where i apply :\

I thought id apply at Stoke since they finished 18th and got relegated, instead of accepting me they accepted some guy with regional rep???

Only job ive found was a german third division team which i didnt quite fancy.

Why does this game do this? on FM10 Stoke would of been gagging for me -.-

It's them damn immigrants, takin our jerbs. Dey took errr jerrrrbs!

Seriously though, just add a new manager, take control of a team you want and retire your unemployed manager.

Then what is the point with the so called "career" game. OP this issue was discussed in the bugs forum and SI asked for save games to be uploaded. Hopefully this will be another issue to be fixed in the next patch

you've done good in a totally different country and the dutch league isn't at the same level as the premier league or Spanish, Italian german leagues. You might have to go down to at least Npower champ in england to try and get a job and then work your way up from there.

What you are saying is a player that done well in the Dutch league should get to be a top player in england and he will. A lot of the players in that league aren't good enough to play second division football in england.

LOL not good enough? i was surprised with the youth systems in holland they ahd a LOT and i mean ALOT more higher quality youth than in england.

And i know, but i got to the finals of a european competition, im just gonna holiday mode it with apply for higher reputation clubs and return when im actually offered.

Btw i tryed to get a job at charlton in LEAGUE 1..... failed :\

It might also be down to the fact that you are doing so well at Ajax that the compensation is to high for these clubs so they can't afford to pay out your contract.

It might be that you need to resign and then attempt to get a job. With what you have won and with your wage I can imagine it is quite high.

I know rite???

I applied for stoke and some guy with a waaaaay less rep got it.

I got the job at struggling hartlepool in league 1, they were 2nd from bottom, after 6 games their now 11th 5points behind the promotion places and ive only lost 1 game (1-0 to scunthorpe who are 2nd) the rest ive won and hardly conceded a goal....thank to my special tactics ;)

you've done good in a totally different country and the dutch league isn't at the same level as the premier league or Spanish, Italian german leagues. You might have to go down to at least Npower champ in england to try and get a job and then work your way up from there.

What you are saying is a player that done well in the Dutch league should get to be a top player in england and he will. A lot of the players in that league aren't good enough to play second division football in england.

So according to you Wenger should not have been offered the Arsenal job because he was managing in Japan of all the places and did not even win the league there. Ferguson should not have been offered the job at Man Utd since players in Scottish league are not even fit to play in League One and Mourinho should not have been offered the Chelsea job as he had just managed to win the league in a different country? :rolleyes: Maybe Martin Jol should now be asked to apply for the job at MK Dons because " the dutch league isn't at the same level as the premier league or Spanish, Italian german leagues"

It's very inconsistent.

I was Nottingham Forest manager, got promoted, and then Arsenal came to ME offering the job. I didn't even have to apply.

No-one ever wants me anymore though. Whenever a manager gets sacked, I save it, then apply for it just to see if I could get it. And I never do.

Have to say I've had no real problems. Most times I've seen it in the game its been pretty realistic. As Ayr United manager, won promotion from the 2nd division and was struggling in the 1st...just above relegation zone but playing good football. Hamilton job came up, they were a place above me but recently relegated and "Professional". Applied for it, got an ultimatum and resigned, then got offered the job.

I restarted with Ajax...again.

the only thing that annoys me is this: I went Hearts (in Scotland) finished joint top with rangers, they beat me by 2 goals. I got into the quarter of the euro before being beat. That season i won the league then got into the knockouts of the champs league, won the league again, got to the semis of the champions league then got sacked because we finished 3rd the next season, i applie for jobs like clyde etc and teams in championship/league 1 they all rejcted/laughed at me. The only job even if i have a game and i get world class rep, the only job thati can get (NOT EVEN GAURENTEED BTW!) if the new teams coming up into the BSS/BSN which annoys me ALOT!

I'm finding exactly the same thing. Got a lot of European leagues loaded, started unemployed on continental reputation (as former international player on the new manager screen) as myself (so English/Welsh joint nationality). Got the Wales job, and then in October 2010 I was offered the Fenerbache job, whom I led to the Turkish League title. Quit there in August 2011. Couldn't get another job anywhere, declared interest in lots of mid-table English Prem/Serie A/La Liga/Bundesliga jobs, but after a lack of patience I added and retired a new manager at Ajax, and got offered the job there. Won the 2011/2012 season there. Now at 'World Class' status, but after couldn't get jobs at Atletico Madrid, Werder Breman, Bayer Leverkusen, or West Ham.

The dynamic league reputation thing is affecting the managerial reputations too in my opinion - 'World Class' in Holland seemingly doesn't mean 'World Class' in England. If that's the case, why not redefine the manager reputations?

Thankfully it is not just me with the problem. As Hibs manager I won everything over a 3 year period, including 2 league titles, 4 domestic cups and 1 Euro cup. I also won the European championship with Scotland. I quit Hibs and still cannot get a job anywhere in a top division. I ended up having to settle for Sheff Utd after getting laughed at by poor/mediocre teams in top Italian/Spanish and English leagues.

This makes the game even more unplayable than the transfer system imho. SORT IT OUT SI!

This is a game-killer imo. Something that better be sorted out in the 11.2 patch.

Only got a job in the lowest league I have loaded, and even at that level I got a lot of rejections and laughs.

If this doesnt work properly I might just aswell throw the game in the bin...

Archived