Player interaction on form

In FM2010 if you praised a player in the media it used to raise his morale up. However when you have a private chat asking him to keep it up and effectivly praising him, it doesnt seem to do anthing for his moarle as it remains the same. So what is the effect of this in the game?. The only way I can raise morale in the game is through asking the players to work harder in training.

I've been doing this heaps lately. I haven't been paying much attention to their morale, but they have all certainly become a little more friendly towards me, and a couple even have me listed as Favoured Personnel. They seem far more receptive to PPM training and criticism, meaning more conversations end positively.

Perhaps another effect is form. I gave one squad player (a DM) his first start for the year mid-season. He had a great game with a rating of 9+ so I praised him and he went on to average about 8.7 over the next 5 games

Fm11 has gone way overboard. Now there is a very easy exploit to raise any first team player's morale up to superb or very high. Tell him two things - he played well (either of the two options) and you'll rest him for the next game. He'll be delirious. You don't even have to be true to your word and leave him out of the next game. Too easy now - needs sorting.

Fm11 has gone way overboard. Now there is a very easy exploit to raise any first team player's morale up to superb or very high. Tell him two things - he played well (either of the two options) and you'll rest him for the next game. He'll be delirious. You don't even have to be true to your word and leave him out of the next game. Too easy now - needs sorting.

I dont think it is too easy to exploit. I have studied this and in my players if you ask them to step up in training they may do it giving a rise in morale, however this morale also drops after you have spoken to them so the timing of it needs to be spot on to make sure the players are high morale for the next match. Also you cannot keep pestering them ie asking them every week/other week as they get rather bored of it.

I have also noticed that the prasing/criticising players gives 'have a good relationship with you', therefore this helps the players wanting to play for you.

Archived