How soon do you start counting down

When my team has a lead, I start watching the clock and start counting down at about 60 minutes. Counting down and hoping the opponents don't score. I'm probably a little bit silly in this regard, but especially after I've made my last substitution, I feel like there's not much else I can do but count down. By the way, I watch the full match of all my games.

I keep saying to myself "30 minutes plus stoppage time"..."29 plus stoppage"... ... "7 minutes plus stoppage" ... "6 minutes plus stoppage"...

If im winning by a one goal margin against a top club i'll change my strategy to "contain" on the 75th min mark, slow the pace right, make the passing shorter & will shout hold the ball, if i can see AI players getting tired i'll make a sub (usually a player with a high amount of pace & flair) and try and counter on the break.

I never try and hold on for a draw against a big club because if they do score im generally left even more disappointed, im happier if my team trys to attack and get the vital goal instead even if i do conceed, when the FT whistle comes i can say we gave it a real good go and not just parked the bus.

I usually go Defensive at 70th minute, and Contain in the 80th. Depends how the other side is doing.

I nearly always keep the line VERY high though and press more. Otherwise I am just under too much pressure.

Sometimes I go Defensive straight after I score, but again with the Line very. Doesn't affect my goal scoring really. If anything it helps because it invites the opposition onto me a bit more and we only make runs or play through balls if it is very obvious/easy.

I usually start going defensive at around 70-75, depending on the scores. If I am winning by 2+ goals i'll go defensive earlier - the worst thing is conceding a goal when you are 2-0 up, and they make it 2-1 with 20 minutes left.

By going defensive later, I still have that chance of going up to a two goal cushion.

Archived