Corner kicks don't seem as threatening as in real life

In the game, corner kicks don't seem as threatening as in real life. I have hardly ever seen a goal scored on a corner kick. Most of the time the attacking players stand about 3 yards out from the goal. The ball is kicked across the face of the goal, but there is no one there to touch the ball.

In real life, I think goals on a corner kick are common and a corner kick is a dangerous thing.

Does it seem this way to anyone else?

I've never had a goal from a corner despite being top scorer in the division by a country mile. One thing that doesn't help is the set pieces editor being bugged. however i set up the team, the settings change when i close it, so the players never follow my instructions. hope that's fixed in the patch.

I've never had a goal from a corner despite being top scorer in the division by a country mile. One thing that doesn't help is the set pieces editor being bugged. however i set up the team, the settings change when i close it, so the players never follow my instructions. hope that's fixed in the patch.

I score bags of gosls from corners myself, although I have experienced the same problems with the editor as you. I set the instructions via player instructions instead. Works the same. But remember, there are not really that many goals scored from corners in real life either. Every one in ten or so seem to find the net.

I am seeing quite a lot of goals from corners. Have you set your tactics to incude near post flick on and stand on far post?

I haven't set the near post flick on. I'll have to try that. But I'm not sure it's only my tactics, because the opponents are not scoring on corner kicks either.

I am playing dafuge's challenge down in Blue Square North. Maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe players with the lower skills don't have what it takes.

I use Elhan's set up from his Super Defence Tactic - scored over 20 goals in 1st season as West Ham.

Aim corner at far post, preferably swinging in (so taken by a left footer on right side and right footer on left side).

Biggest strongest player (DC) (in my case, James Tomkins) stand at far post, another big player (DC - Upson) challenge keeper, FC (Cole) near post flick on, smaller FC attack near post. Both full backs and one MC stay back, other MC attack from deep, two wingers lurk outside area.

Tomkins scored about 16, Upson got 3-4, and other DC's chipped in with a couple when they came in. Now in 2nd season, every manager says that Tomkins is the biggest danger to them in my team!

After seeing a few goals fly in over a season from exactly the same way, I now set up my corners the same every match. As said above, in-swinging corner to far post where I have Bruno Alves standing on the far post and Dzeko running in and attacking the far post. The amount of goals I get now from this is mental, almost feels stupid but I guess two massive brutes crashing the ball into the net isn't far out of ordinary... Samba'esque.

Archived