A true tale of sadness and woe

Last Friday, a week ago today, I was sat happily at work winding down the hours writing another report that no one will read. It was 1:25 and I had a meeting in 5 minutes, where I was sure nothing would be agreed.

At that very moment my phone rang. It was my Mother. Bizarre, I thought. So I answered it. I was not expecting what I heard.

She had phoned to tell me that my house had been broken into. Some rogues had smashed my living room window and had themselves an early, but very very merry christmas. Amongst their heist was a PS3, 2 TV's, a laptop and a desktop.

Whilst giving my statement to the police officer the true severity of the issue dawned upon me.

My FM2011 was in my desktop.

Stored on my desktop was my saved games, and my historic progression through the CM/FM ranks. Almost every tactic, player, hidden gem that I had ever created or developed had gone.

I was an empty man with nothing left.

I shall never get back that Champions League victory with Cheltenham Town, that 1-0 win at the Nou Camp with Mike Duff scoring in the final minute. All i have are the memories.

So there you have it. A true story that I am sure will brigthen up your friday.

To make matters worse I am off work sick today (and borrowing a laptop). The best thing about sick days? FM! Oh wait....

Read this almost with a tear in my eye, can only hope this never happens to me.

I can only imagine what it feels like, something akin to the loss of a child I suspect?

This is what Crimewatch SHOULD be made for...to restore FM addicts who have loved and lost.

I hope you have a cracking christmas mate, and can at some point get over this atrocity. Some people will just never understand, I guess.

Those thieving bastards should rot for that! Hope you have a good christmas - try to think positive.

One burning quesition is how on earth you managed Champions League glory with Cheltenham Town without ever strengthing the right-back slot?! Mike Duff once came on to my girlfriend at a pre-season friendly match vs. Abersytwyth... I've never signed him on FM since! But glad you have good memories of him.

remember playin fm09 and had turned celtic into european champions. had young players who were simply awesome and had put months of effort into putting my squad together. season after season of putting together a side that i simply loved. i got home on easter monday 2009 and found that i had suffered a break in.

was i bothered about my laptop, dvds, other electrical goods worth £100s? no i wasnt too much. was i bothered about my save??? yes i was, it was almost like having my heart broken.

them memories are what make me feel sorry for you.

The OP's been burgled. If that happened to me, I'd feel like killing the people who did it.

If you read Robert The Spud's post and the quote he included before it, you''ll see he was referring to the comment 'Football Manager' made about offering to kill those who burgled him....... believe me we all sympathise with those who have been robbed! :)

Was burgled myself in '07 - they took everything of any value except my external hard drive, which stored my 200gb of music thankfully!!!! Was so pleased they left that!! BUT.... my save game was gone, which included taking Colchester United to UEFA Cup glory.

Definitely sympathise with the OP!!!!!

Gutted for you too mate.

I did laugh at the "I wonder if the thief will continue your save..." comment.

And laughed even more at your reply blinky "That was my fear! I bet the bastards are offering out Justin Richards as we speak...."

Fairplay to you Blinky for taking it on the chin, and still having a sense of humour.

People that steal from people nevermind at Christmas are pure scum. Burn in hell you swines!!

Hope you have a better christmas Blinky.

Thread of the year winner?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for reminding me to backup my saves somewhere not on my computer. Good to hear you got a new laptop and FM11 at least :thup:

PS: If the thieves are really into FM, they will surely return your laptop, as they know what it means to lose a savegame!

Archived