Ivan Rakitić

n8fbp.jpg

6i8txl.jpg

Name: Ivan Rakitić

Date of birth: 10th March 1988 (22 years old)

Nationality: Croatian/Swiss (Capped for Croatia

Original club: Schalke 04

Position: AMC

Buying value: January 2011 Bosman

Wages: £50k p/w

Recommended for: Top division clubs (brought with Chelsea)

Leagues loaded: England

2mq7rjd.jpg

Though I got him in January 2011 (current date 1st August 2012) he has quickly become one of my best players at 24 years old. Not only a brute attacking force but a solid defender too.

Crossing  16 Aggression  9  Pace      16
Dribbling 20 Creativity  12 Stamina   18
Heading	  13 Decisions   18 Strength  13
Passing   20 Leadership  10
Shooting  16 Movement	 18
Tackling  15 Positioning 15
Technique 19 Teamwork	 18

2cqf979.jpg

Rakitić may only be 22 at the start of the game but his teamwork and passing attribute make him a great playmaker and this is shown by notching up 10 assists in 22 starts in his first full season at Chelsea. What sweetens the deal for me is his competent playing positions from DML to AMR and if needed he can slot in anywhere in the midfield and all this for a player who is free after sixth months of the game. As a Croatian he plays nearly every game for his country too and can not only attack but beat men (dribbling 20, movement, pace 16) but tackle (tackling 15, positioning 15) while chipping in the odd goal (shooting 16, technique 19) making him an all rounded player and one to consider if you can afford his wage.

All in all Ivan Rakitić is one of the bargains you must get in FMH2011 if you have the wage bill and with an average of over 7.50 a season will constantly perform for you as he is a footballer who not only possesses skill but great mental attributes too plus, if you are looking for a profit then he quickly rises to £37m within a season and a half.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived