Council Planning permit

So the city council is not allowing me to expand the stadium. Usually I don't cheat, but in this particular case, it's super annoying. Does saving/reloading help in this instance, or is that decision made at the point of asking the board and just delayed to the off-season, or will I eventually get a permission if I reload a dozen times?

• SI Staff

Some stadiums (especially if it is the stadium you start with in the game) have the expansion capacity in the DB set to be all used up, which means the stadium cannot physically be expanded anymore. This could be because in real life there just isn't the space available etc. and the council decision in the game then reflects this. If the current stadium cannot be expanded anymore, then the next option for a club is to move to a brand new stadium at a different location. All new stadiums constructed in the game usually then have some expansion capacity for further expansions, unless it is a huge stadium to begin with as those are usually purpose built to the starting capacity and would be very difficult to expand later on (see the new Arsenal Stadium for example).

Some stadiums (especially if it is the stadium you start with in the game) have the expansion capacity in the DB set to be all used up, which means the stadium cannot physically be expanded anymore. This could be because in real life there just isn't the space available etc. and the council decision in the game then reflects this. If the current stadium cannot be expanded anymore, then the next option for a club is to move to a brand new stadium at a different location. All new stadiums constructed in the game usually then have some expansion capacity for further expansions, unless it is a huge stadium to begin with as those are usually purpose built to the starting capacity and would be very difficult to expand later on (see the new Arsenal Stadium for example).

Makes sense. The option to ask for a new stadium is grayed out, what are the prerequisites for it to appear? Big bank account? I've got 200 mil+ cash, I'm at a 30,000 stadium now, what would I need to have the new one built?

Also, this might be a problem, but the stadium is a relatively new one - 2010 build date in the editor, with 0(zero) on capacity used and 0(zero) on expansion capacity.

My "average attendance" figure is at over 37,000 in in real time editor, so even if it's a bit soon to build a new stadium it seems counter-intuitive not to start building one, especially since the old one didn't leave and debt for the club.

• SI Staff

The boards use common sense when planning for new stadiums, so if you've just recently got a new stadium (or started the game with a club that has a very new stadium) then it can take a good few years before the board will even consider investing in another new stadium.

Archived