Money well spent. NEVER seen this.

Am currently in 4th Season. During pre-season I did what a lot of people do, I helped out my main feeder team with some cash. They were still foundering in Scottish 3rd Div so I spent 20 mil loaning a youth player.

In the summer their training facilites were Fairly Basic for main and Minimal/ No academy for youth.

It's november now and I happened to look at their info.

Top Training Facilities

State of The Art Youth Facilities + Youth Academy

My stupid board takes a year or more to upgrade and I now have Average for both and still no Youth Academy. icon_rolleyes.gif

Am currently in 4th Season. During pre-season I did what a lot of people do, I helped out my main feeder team with some cash. They were still foundering in Scottish 3rd Div so I spent 20 mil loaning a youth player.

In the summer their training facilites were Fairly Basic for main and Minimal/ No academy for youth.

Top Training Facilities

My stupid board takes a year or more to upgrade and I now have Average for both and still no Youth Academy. icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jamiehex:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure it's not the case that a lot of people do that. It is called changing the nature of the game through artificial means.

Things like that do not happen in the real world...it's why we have the state of affairs that we have in the real world, with one club after another struggling financially.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by canvey!!:

Yes but your board aren't swimming in cash way above their level (or they might be actually, I don't know icon_smile.gif). Congratulations on your charity, though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, if he can afford to give away £20 million I'd guess he probably is swimming in cash. Either that or he's a nutcase icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anagain:

I'm sure it's not the case that a lot of people do that. It is called changing the nature of the game through artificial means.

Things like that do not happen in the real world...it's why we have the state of affairs that we have in the real world, with one club after another struggling financially. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember a few years ago, b4 they became scum, Chelsea gave a load of money to some club they played in the FA Cup for no reason other than the club had no money. Cant remember who it was, but I think they were on the south coast

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stomalomalus:

I remember a few years ago, b4 they became scum, Chelsea gave a load of money to some club they played in the FA Cup for no reason other than the club had no money. Cant remember who it was, but I think they were on the south coast </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scarborough

It was the first year they had the Russian money behind them IIRC.

They didnt just hand over a wad of cash though. as that would be against the rules They simply allowed 'boro to keep 100% of the gate receipts as they were struggling at the time.Unfortunately, It didn't have any affect in the long run .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How do you give your feeder cash? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just sign a player for stupid money.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShaunO1:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stomalomalus:

I remember a few years ago, b4 they became scum, Chelsea gave a load of money to some club they played in the FA Cup for no reason other than the club had no money. Cant remember who it was, but I think they were on the south coast </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scarborough

It was the first year they had the Russian money behind them IIRC.

They didnt just hand over a wad of cash though. as that would be against the rules They simply allowed 'boro to keep 100% of the gate receipts as they were struggling at the time.Unfortunately, It didn't have any affect in the long run . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the same as organising a friendly with a feeder club when they keep the receipts. That's in the game, though I'm not sure if feeders clubs are actually in the real world. It could be though.

Buying a feeder club's rubbish youth player is possible in the game but it just doesn't happen in real life, and definitely not for vast sums. No club would do that in the real world.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jamiehex:

Top Training Facilities

My stupid board takes a year or more to upgrade and I now have Average for both and still no Youth Academy. icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm...interesting, never thought of doing that before. So you could give them cash, and then as you loan players out to them you ensure that they are receiving excellent training or use of excellent facilities....nice!

Archived