Was Ronaldo the only player in SI history with a fixed PA of 200?

In the first games that came with an editor there were several players with a fixed PA of 200 (CM 00-01/CM 01-02). There were about 20 if my memory serves me right. Most of them were star players like Totti, Buffon and Raúl, but there were also some unknown young players with a PA of 200. I specifically remember a 16-year old swedish Goalkeeper called Johan Öberg who played for minnows Storfors. You could get him at the start of a game for approx £ 25K.

Ronaldo was the great striker i've eve seen, he really was something else. Should have broken Pele's record tally for brazil. I think he could have bene so much more without his injuries.

And im a messi fan lol.

Ronaldo at his best days was by far the best player I have ever seen playing. He was extremely unlucky with his injuries. Messi or any of the other Ronaldos are nothing compared to him at that time. I think it was Robson who once said that there were many great players at history of football but Ronaldo was the only one who whenever had the ball left the entire stadium waiting to see what he was going to do next......

Ronaldo at his best days was by far the best player I have ever seen playing. He was extremely unlucky with his injuries. Messi or any of the other Ronaldos are nothing compared to him at that time. I think it was Robson who once said that there were many great players at history of football but Ronaldo was the only one who whenever had the ball left the entire stadium waiting to see what he was going to do next......

Ronaldinho, at his peak, had the same effect.

In the first games that came with an editor there were several players with a fixed PA of 200 (CM 00-01/CM 01-02). There were about 20 if my memory serves me right. Most of them were star players like Totti, Buffon and Raúl, but there were also some unknown young players with a PA of 200. I specifically remember a 16-year old swedish Goalkeeper called Johan Öberg who played for minnows Storfors. You could get him at the start of a game for approx £ 25K.

I remeber Öberg too... Thnk it was on 2000-2001 and it was "fixed" on 2001-2002.

I think it was Robson who once said that there were many great players at history of football but Ronaldo was the only one who whenever had the ball left the entire stadium waiting to see what he was going to do next......

Robson can't have thought for very long tbh :p

Romario was at least on a par with Ronaldo, though they had different qualities.

Who was best?

Not sure you can answer that really.

Ronaldo had too many injuries but was just unbelievable in his prime.

Romario played to nearly 40 years of age and scored over 1000 professional goals.

Way too tough to call for me, though I just edge towards Ronaldo because I used to follow his progress, Romario was back in Brazil back then and much harder to follow.

Messi isn't really a striker in the same sense, he's a "new" breed striker, like 'new' Ronaldo I guess.

Messi is my favourite player by a mile though...makes me feel as lost for words as I used to back in the early 90's watching Roberto Baggio, Zidane, Rivaldo in his prime and so on.

for me The real Ronaldo is the best players I ever seen in my life.. of course im only 24 so before him i cant remember much ....

Agreed.

He had phenomenal speed, dribbling, technique, shooting, composure... perfect type of forward. Damn injuries.

Search his Barcelona season on youtube. He scored countless goals and most of them were beautiful. It's probably the best player compilation I've ever seen (considering it was all in 1 season.)

Thiery Henry was pretty damn good for a couple of seasons as well, Messi is realy the only player i can see now that has the abilty to be known beyond a generation, Big game player as well.....loved the last second goal against brazil recently.

Archived