Fired by Hereford.

Well I was fired by Hereford and can not get another job. I keep getting turned down. Looks like it is time to start over with a different team. I am sure it is my lack of understanding of football that is the hinderance but I must say I am having a blast even though i suck. Does anyone know if there is a resource available that list what key stats to look at for the various positions for the players. and any other tips would be good.

Head down to the tactic/training and good player guide sub-forums if you want some further insight.

Key stats for players will depend on their position, role and duty. They are highlighted when you load up the Individual instructions on the tactics screen, so you can micro manage it in there if you want.

Don't want to rub it in by I started off un-employed, was hired by Hereford and managed to get them into the Premier league in 5 years spending just 9k ;)

Your definitely on the right track by looking at key stats, teamwork and determination is very important in my opinion.

A striker with high pace and acceleration can be lethal in the lower leagues.

In lower leagues, you tend to want to look at more physical stats (Acceleration, Jumping, etc) rather than the more technical. You do have the right idea. I'm fairly new to FM myself (and football in general) so it took awhile to get used to everything. I would probably suggest using 4-4-2 to begin with to get used to the roles and how they interact. Maybe try watching full games aswell and linking the players movement to the stats. With a bit of practice you may even be able to get Newcastle to a respectable league position in the Premier League.... Something I haven't managed in 2011 just yet. :p

Well. I think I little more understanding is what I need. I am currently reading through TT10. and found an excell spread sheet that will help determine what role players can play based on stats that will help as well untill i understand it more. still forum searching for anything else that will lend insite.

Archived