Retiring staff [a few suggestions]

I'm I just not observant enough [hardly!] or do coaching staff really retire without giving prior notice? For two years running I've lost staff members in the pre-season build-up. I'm fairly sure that no news item has warned me prior to the fact.

A few suggestions:

- Just like when contracts are about to expire, it would be helpful if the manager is warned several times.

- In the staff window, the retiring member should have a "RET" icon in front of his name, just like players do.

- Why do staff retire in pre-season and not during the players' summer break? The latter would seem like the natural thing to do and allow amble time to find a suitable replacement.

Just like when contracts are about to expire, it would be helpful if the manager is warned several times.

I have been warned about it happening, but I suppose it would be useful if you accidently missed it. It might get annoying if you are reminded too many times.

In the staff window, the retiring member should have a "RET" icon in front of his name, just like players do.

I don't think this would look very good and it may clog up the screen.

Why do staff retire in pre-season and not during the players' summer break? The latter would seem like the natural thing to do and allow amble time to find a suitable replacement.

If this is true then it should be fixed but are you sure they haven't retired in pre-season and you didn't notice?

1) I have received no warning - I'm 98% certain. This has happened more than once; I might miss one but not two. And it happened in mid-July - well after the team had returned for the new season.

2) It wouldn't look good?? I don't understand: When players decide to retire they will display a "RET" icon, so why not staff as well? It's nowhere near realistic that your employees decide to retire without advance warning.

Archived