How to buy for PSPgo?

Gents,

Excuse my ignorance as I will be asking a fairly obvious question in a moment.

I am considering buying a PSPgo purely for FM2011. However, I have been waiting for the 2011 release. I believe from this forum it is now out on PSPgo.

Question: How do I purchase/ download the game. I can't find it on the PSP store website for PSPgo, and on the SI site it says that no retailers are available.

Please help me, it is frustrating me very much and will make or break whether I get one. Maybe the link to the exact location would help.

Cheers

XMB is the main screen on your PSP mate ;) scroll across and find Playstation Store, register/sign in, add funds/credit card linking it to your account. Then search for Football Manager Handheld 2011 in the store (should be easy to find). Then simply pay for it using your funds/credit card that is linked to your account and it shall download, then install automatically onto your PSP Go ;)

Sound.

I did say excuse my ignoarnce at the beginning of the post!!

I was searching for it on my laptop for the download!!

If you were me and the only game I was going to buy was FM2011- would you advise me to buy the PSPgo or the PSP3000?

I can guarantee that I won't buy any other game. I have an XBOX 360 and only have 3 games- FIFA 09, FIFA 10 and FIFA 11!!

Sound.

I did say excuse my ignoarnce at the beginning of the post!!

I was searching for it on my laptop for the download!!

If you were me and the only game I was going to buy was FM2011- would you advise me to buy the PSPgo or the PSP3000?

I can guarantee that I won't buy any other game. I have an XBOX 360 and only have 3 games- FIFA 09, FIFA 10 and FIFA 11!!

PSP 3000 in my opinion mate ;)

that way you have the option to download as well as purchase UMD versions of games. In addition to this, FMH2011 is much cheaper in UMD form than via PS Store download which is the only option you have on a PSP Go ;)

I agree with TheTacticsBoard. Get a PSP-3000 and a decent sized memory stick and you have the best of both worlds as you can use UMDs AND download games from the PS Store on to your memory stick.

Although if you are 100% sure you will NEVER buy and games on disc and don't mind potentially paying a little bit extra for games on the PS Store then by all means consider the GO. Play.com are still advertising the PSP GO with the offer of 10 free downloaded games for £149.99 (including Gran Turismo, Assassins Creed, LBP, GTA) although I thought this offer had finished. If that is still available I'd be tempted. http://www.play.com/Games/PSP/-/4660/3927/-/10287942/Sony-PSPgo-Console-Black/Product.html?searchtype=genre

The machine itself and the transportation, carrying it about of it is the most important for me. The smaller the better really.

Does the game itself play differently on the different formats?

screen size is different but doesnt change anything, the games are exactly the same regardless of which PSP version you opt for ;)

It should play exactly the same both on UMD or download.

Personally if you want the most portable and you're mainly getting it for FMH then I'd say get an iPod Touch / iPhone as that is a lot more portable and the game is a lot cheaper. Although FMH 2011 isn't out yet (should be before Christmas) and the device itself might cost a little bit more depending what you go for and how much storage you go for.

Get a PSP 3000 or you'll regret it ;).

In what way do you think I'll regret it. The price doesn't bother me. I don't have any UMDs so they won't be wasted. It's smaller. I'll only buy one game per year. It's easier to cart around when on planes, trains etc. Surely, it's the ideal one for me??

Or is it?

If you have only one game the PSP 3000 is cheaper, you can leave the UMD in and don't have to have an internet connection or wait until the next PS store update for FMH's release. Plus you can have different memory cards so lots of different games without deleting them and you can back them up easier.

The only good things are that it isi smaller and faster but the speed isn't a factor as FMH can only work as fast as the lowest console spec.

Personally I'd get the PSP-3000 but we've given you all the information and you seem to have made your own mind up. From what you have said in your last message, I'd probably say you are right to opt for a PSP-Go in your case.

The two models can be bought for more or less the same price these days. Once you factor in the cost of a decent sized memory stick the PSP-3000 can even end up more expensive. So the extra £5 you'll end up paying for the download of FMH2011 is neither here nor there. Especially if portability is more important to you.

I think I'm partly swayed by the fact I already have a bunch of UMDs that would go to waste if I were to buy a Go. You don't. Although I think I'd still opt for the PSP-3000 in my case as I'd prefer the option.

theres no doubting the PSP GO is the better piece of kit, dont think anyone can argue that, its main drawback tho is the fact that your confined to paying PS store prices for the games, a select few do come out at reasonable prices (God of War anyone?) but the majority are silly overpriced... However.. ooh 10 free downloadable games! http://www.play.com/Games/PSP/4-/10287942/Sony-PSPgo-Console-Black/Product.html

As far as im aware that offer is attached to the console and not Play.com so as long as you buy it brand new.. and follow the instructions carefully.. that was a reason for me buying my GO about 6 months back

Archived