A challenge for FM12

tak

A couple of times during the last couple of years I have suggested an important change (to the horror of forumistas tactical geniuses): That SI moves as far away as possible from the tactical overloading of the game and simulate other crucial aspects of a manager's job.

Moreover, I have advised SI to make a game where the personality of the player/virtual-manager has the gravity in FM that it has in real football management (in FM it actually has zero gravity).

I would like to up the challenge by requesting remotely realistic AI, meaning other managers that act and react in a (however small) believable manner.

Thank you very much.

A couple of times during the last couple of years I have suggested an important change (to the horror of forumistas tactical geniuses): That SI moves as far away as possible from the tactical overloading of the game and simulate other crucial aspects of a manager's job.

Moreover, I have advised SI to make a game where the personality of the player/virtual-manager has the gravity in FM that it has in real football management (in FM it actually has zero gravity).

I would like to up the challenge by requesting remotely realistic AI, meaning other managers that act and react in a (however small) believable manner.

Thank you very much.

Such as?

And does 'tactical overloading' have to be aborted to implement these?

Otherwise i agree with the AI. However, there is alot to be said about using one's own imagination to fill in the gaps, like we used to in the CM days(way back when).

Such as?

And does 'tactical overloading' have to be aborted to implement these?

Otherwise i agree with the AI. However, there is alot to be said about using one's own imagination to fill in the gaps, like we used to in the CM days(way back when).

pick your team play a game, pick your team play a game, buy a player (at any time during the season!), pick your team play a game.

Oh such simple times.

pick your team play a game, pick your team play a game, buy a player (at any time during the season!), pick your team play a game.

Oh such simple times.

That's pretty much what I do, I'm not a fan of messing about changing my tactics for each match.

Thank you very much.

I don't know if I said this before but tak you're an idiot, and please stop polluting these forums with your idiocy. You've no idea about how the game works, and you've never once managed to make one suggestion which would remotely come close to making the game better.

Thank you very much.

The first sentence I almost utterly disagree with, basically because tactical management on the pitch is an important part of football and is what a manager is essentially paid to do.

The second sentence I somewhat agree with, but I cannot foresee any way personalities can be incorporated into the game without the entire thing becoming an absolute joke. For that reason, I also disagree with your third sentence.

In short, you want a flimsy "Arcade" game along the lines of Premier Manager on the Sega Megadrive - "fun", easy to pick up and play, but the gimmicks result in an experience so shallow that it's impossible to swim in.

I'd much rather see SI drop press conferences and improve on what is in the game right now, without basically any further additions, to the point where every feature within the title is perfected in time for FM13.

The single biggest problem with requests for more intuitive or "personality" orientated AI, is that such is still very experimental in gaming terms at this stage.

For the essence of what your requesting to be anywhere near feasible for a game like FM, I think we're still a good ten years away at the very least - and that's probably a very hopeful estimate.

If you have a search around the web for personality orientated AI, although there's some very interesting trials and tests of different gaming based applications, there's nothing of the scale many people would like to see in something as large and populated as FM. At the moment, more advanced and user/AI interactivity seems to be limited to one user, one AI "personality". Now try to implement many thousands of "intelligent" learning AI's for the many thousands of "characters" present in FM and I think you'll grasp the scale of such an undertaking.

Archived