Poaching players

I usuallly admire and interact every now and then, then declare interest/enquire although they still reject pretty much all bids especially for wilshere and ramsey because of their huge potential. On my first save i got aaron ramsey for 5m after 3 seasons because he was unhappy never being played, unless youve got bags of money i think thats probably the best way to get them unfortunately. I hypothetically offered 42m for wilshere just to see if it was accepted and they tried negotiating me to 45m :|

Scout the player first to see if he wants to join your club, THEN praise him. If you're at a lower end club and/or aren't respected as a manager (I.e. you haven't won anything), then players won't react positively to your praise. You can praise and declare interest in a player roughly once every month and if you do it too often, he'll start to get annoyed and just ignore you. If there's a player I really want to sign and get to like me, I usually praise and declare interest during International breaks. Jack Wilshere isn't really a player you can "poach" either...Poaching usually refers to an unknown, but talented young player at a smaller club that you can pick up for a minimal fee. Gael Kakuta, Cesc Fabregas and Gael Clichy are good examples of players who were "poached"

Archived