Where are the Pacific Games?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Okay, I'm at a loss here.

Why does OFC World Cup Qualifying start in the second round?

Every other continent in the game has their full qualifying structure implemented, why does Oceania, yet again, get the shaft?

The 2011 Pacific Games are the first round of qualification. The top 3 Nations from the Pacific Games advance to the 2nd Round of WCQ.

How to activate this competition?

The WCQ and OCE Nations Cup structures for Oceania in Football Manager are broken - and as far as I can tell they won't be fixed.

(edit - in this instance, broken is defined by in-game representation bearing no resemblance to real life formats)

There are no playable nations in Oceania anyway (NZ isn't playable, and Australia is in the Asian confederation) so it seems to be a no-priority bug.

I'm sure you can add them in when you make the other leagues playable for club competitions and international. The club competitions I guess they just skipped the complexity because you would do it yourself if you want to play in Vanuatu.

Internationally, there are problems implementing the south pacific games since it includes non-fifa nations yet it is used as a qualifying competition to the world cup so I assume they wanted to avoid any complications here and so left it out.

Archived