Why I have decided to continue playing FM 2010...

There are a lot of things I have enjoyed about this years release- the agent interaction and the Dynamic League Rep are my favourites.

However since finding out that the SPL prize money/TV money is hard-coded in another thread (this leading to potential "Premier League" levels of debt), I feel this is a bit of a game breaker for me. I could just about live with the faulty transfer system (got some good players for free too) but what is the point of being able to attract better players to your league if you are still going to go bankrupt in doing so?

Until this issue is fixed I think I will stick to playing FM 2010....

This is not a hate thread- just an observation

Why dont you just 'recreate' the SPL in the Editor? Then you can set the revenue amount to what you want. Granted, it will always be what you want it to be (i.e. high from the start) but it will be a fix. I agree however that it kinda defeats the object if prize and tv money doesnt go up according to league rep. Maybe its cos everyone in Scotland is already watching football, so when the league rep goes up, everyone is already watching it? Is it the same for all leagues??

SI(Miles I think) said that some of the leagues would be hard coded due to legal reasons I think. I will try to find the link. If SI can't get the permission then there isn't anything they can do. They try their best :thup:. Surely it would be a better challenge to try and become the best with limited resources? :D. Maybe try to get some good youth players in and try to win trophies that way? :thup:.

One could argue though, that even with dynamic league reputations, the smaller nations realistically may struggle perpetually when it comes to TV and sponsorship revenue streams.

Considering that even with dynamic league reputations, it's still going to take a very long time and prolonged/continued success continentally, for a smaller nation's league to reach anywhere near the reputation or co-efficiency ratings, of the "bigger" and higher reputation nations.

That being the case, the way I would look at things personally, it wouldn't really have a great impact on how I play the game and I certainly wouldn't consider it game breaking. I'd just regard it as disappointing, that for "legal reasons" (or other games companies monopolising rights), even though this game is a simulation, it's still a game and still within the realms of "fantasy", as I see things.

So not something I'd get too hung up over really. :)

One could argue though, that even with dynamic league reputations, the smaller nations realistically may struggle perpetually when it comes to TV and sponsorship revenue streams.

Considering that even with dynamic league reputations, it's still going to take a very long time and prolonged/continued success continentally, for a smaller nation's league to reach anywhere near the reputation or co-efficiency ratings, of the "bigger" and higher reputation nations.

That being the case, the way I would look at things personally, it wouldn't really have a great impact on how I play the game and I certainly wouldn't consider it game breaking. I'd just regard it as disappointing, that for "legal reasons" (or other games companies monopolising rights), even though this game is a simulation, it's still a game and still within the realms of "fantasy", as I see things.

So not something I'd get too hung up over really. :)

Yes, but in that case, shouldn't the league rep not be going up in the first place?

If a league reaches five-star league rep, then they're obviously pulling in good TV money as they're one of the most respected leagues in the world. It's a fantasy world - it doesn't matter if it's the year 2097 and it's Slovakia as the new Premier League, the fact is that if they were, they should be reflected with TV budgets, player attraction power, wages etc. Of course, if it was just one team from Slovakia doing amazingly well but the rest of the league sucked, then the league rep should remain low, wages low, TV money low etc.

I actually didn't know this about the SPL... major disappointment... sort of makes the Dynamic League Rep feature an absolute waste of time.

All prize money should be dynamic. I'd heard before the release that some leagues would have hardcoded prize money due to legal reasons but then i read an interview with Miles in the Australian FourFourTwo and he said all leagues would have dynamic reputation and prize money. So i started a thread on here to find the truth and was told there was initially legal issues with some leagues but they had all been sorted out so all the leagues would have dynamic prize money in the game.

All prize money should be dynamic. I'd heard before the release that some leagues would have hardcoded prize money due to legal reasons but then i read an interview with Miles in the Australian FourFourTwo and he said all leagues would have dynamic reputation and prize money. So i started a thread on here to find the truth and was told there was initially legal issues with some leagues but they had all been sorted out so all the leagues would have dynamic prize money in the game.

It'd be nice to see it clarified then by SI then :)

I'm Looking into this on my save atm, as it was me that speculated that prize money in the SPL may be fixed as I'm in 2017 with Celtic and our league went into the top ten last season but I've had to have no less than 4 chairman loans in the last few seasons to avoid administration.

I had signed some great players on massive wages though while not paying any attention to how much was coming in through winning the SPL each season so it is entirely possible that my problems are entirely due to financial mismanagement on my part.

I'm currently in march of 2017 and will take note of the prize money at the end of this season and compare it again at the end of next season and post the results here.

Also have to say even if I find the prize money is fixed in the SPL I wouldn't call it a game breaker as such, I had to sell a couple of my top earners in the last transfer windows to get us back under the wage budget but the biggest culprit happened to be an unsettled Balotelli who was on over 100k a week, constantly missing training and getting sent off and because if the 'problematic' transfer system this year I'd signed him on a free and made 2 million profit selling him to Villa.

SI just need to focus on getting things right.

The tutoring and transfer systems are a mess, player interaction seems to adversely impact upon a number of facets of the game because it isn't yet refined to the extent that it should be, and now we have dynamic league reputations not fully realised either.

I don't care if they don't implement anything new for next year, I just want everything that they have implemented so far to function the way it should.

As it stands, though, it is very hard to immerse yourself within the game due to these major flaws.

Just got my prize money for finishing top of the SPL in the 2016/17 season and got the princely sum of 2, 091,000 pounds, so it does seem that having got the SPL into the top 10 leagues in Europe has made little if any difference to prize money, although I'm not certain if that figure is identical to what it was in the first year.

Edit :- Also as I selected high league bonus at the start of the seson 2.1 million has just been shared out to my squad, rendering winning the league financially pointless.:(

Its a shame really about the legal issues etc and I do know that SI work very hard on the games to ensure they get patched and things are addressed. However its hard for me to get motivated again about having to restart a save game with Celtic with just 1 change to the entire game. If I play FM 2011 again in the future I'll be looking for a league with decent TV revenue etc as I really wanted to turn Celtic into a collusus but that seems nigh on impossible- with other clubs going into big debt due to lack of funds. Its not a killer but for me I'm badly disappointed by this and it was one of the major lures for this years title....

I ought to add that I am a big fan of the work SI do with this game and its because they have produced to such high standards in recent years that I feel let down that this hasnt delivered for me...

I don't care if they don't implement anything new for next year, I just want everything that they have implemented so far to function the way it should.

Hmmm. Sounds just like another XXX Manager game I've been playing the past several years.

After making the switch to FM and spending some time with it, I can't say I'm all that impressed.

Its a shame really about the legal issues etc and I do know that SI work very hard on the games to ensure they get patched and things are addressed. However its hard for me to get motivated again about having to restart a save game with Celtic with just 1 change to the entire game. If I play FM 2011 again in the future I'll be looking for a league with decent TV revenue etc as I really wanted to turn Celtic into a collusus but that seems nigh on impossible- with other clubs going into big debt due to lack of funds. Its not a killer but for me I'm badly disappointed by this and it was one of the major lures for this years title....

I ought to add that I am a big fan of the work SI do with this game and its because they have produced to such high standards in recent years that I feel let down that this hasnt delivered for me...

To be honest It's not really all that difficult to get Celtic competing with the big guns despite the fixed prize money. I've managed to build a very strong squad featuring the likes of Areola, Boateng, Mikel, L. Diarra and Kadlec. The club's debt is currently 87 million with the club only valued at 58 million, so administration is a real possibility but to be honest I don't care if we do go into administration as the squad is so strong now that we win the league by over 20 points every season. The only concern would be big players being sold by the administrators to clear the debt, however that also isn't that big of a concern either as the transfer bug makes it very easy to pick up very good players on the cheap and I have a bunch of very promising youngsters waiting in the wings for a crack at the first team should I be forced to sell.

For anyone considering managing in the SPl reading this thread I'd say don't let this one issue prevent you giving it a go, my current FM save with Celtic is one of the longest saves I've had on any FM and by a distance the longest I've stayed at one club.

Archived