How Do You Start Your Game??

Hey I'm just wondering how people start their game, what do you do when you kick your career off as a manager?? Do you sack your staff?? Sell all your players?? Set up a training schedule?? Leave everything as it is?? Or something else??

Me, I have a list of staff that I bring in. Some of them vary depending on what level I start (normally Championship to BSS) but most of the staff I get will go to the BSP. Secondly I sort out a training schedule, a fairly detailed one for every position. Then once I start to get decent regens, I put them in individual ones. Then I scout South and Eastern Europe, I find you can get good quality players very cheaply. I also like scouting the free transfers, finding some great little gems(I tend to buy different players each game to make it more interesting). Then I sell all my dead weight and highest earners. That normally take me about four/five days days to do, after the window shuts I just get on with the game.

i dip straight into tramsfer market to buy buy buy and sell wes Brown and Park straight away

I like Park, his work ethic is the best. Tried to get him at Spurs but went for Pienaar instead.

What i do is this;

Sign whatever coaches i need, which may not be brilliant but i get the best i can at the moment.

Sort out pre-season training schedules

Organise friendly matches

Send certain player on loan

Set up a formation for my players to learn, set it to team blend and away i go.

I always turn the transfer window off in pre season of the first season, so i don't need to bother with signing players. And i set up a scout network throughout the season. That's it really, nothing major. It's in January and the next summer that i do most of my squad shaping.

Sack incompetent staff. Rather have too little that's good than too many that's terrible. Coaches and scouts are the first things I look for. Then scout players and sell the one's that's not usefull for me to get the one's I want :) Everything in first window. I spend a lot of time before end of aug just so I haven't missed a gem..

i usually do f-all, i knock off the transfers in the first window, coz of all the supposed bugs. then play till january, see whats what and change things if needed then, whatever i dont get don in january i finish in the summer. then basically only sign regens for the rest of the game.

I always do that too, makes it more interesting i think.

Yeah it is for me. Even if im a club who needs players i will stick with what i've got because that is who was actually bought in that summer in real life. And i don't like seeing other big clubs spending more and more on players just because they can, this is more even fielded and fun

I always keep the players I have, at least to the next transfer window. As a new manager I take the view I have no real idea of the abilities of the players until I had assessed them in play. I can just imagine in real life going to a player and saying ' I'm sorry son I have to let you go, not that i have ever seen you play but your attributes don't look up to it.' Which is one reason I would be glad to see attributes go all together & work yourself out how well a player played through stats, comments, & staff.

Archived