Match Odds

How are the match odds calculated?? On FM2010 I think it was done by the start of the season expectations which was a little annoying. It was silly to see a team at the bottom of the league having better odds the someone in the top half. I have only just stated my first season on FM2011 but I hope the odds are calculated with more consideration, ie form, team position, injuries, and signings. It isn't a big deal and it makes no difference to the game but it is nice to see I am made favorites for the right reason.

Yes it definitely seems better this year.

I am Derby, 4th season in, won the EPL last year.

Now, when I am in form and go away to teams like Arsenal I am the favourites.

Odds in FM11 seem to be in line with the odds you get at a bookmakers for Premier League games.

Yes it definitely seems better this year.

I am Derby, 4th season in, won the EPL last year.

Now, when I am in form and go away to teams like Arsenal I am the favourites.

Odds in FM11 seem to be in line with the odds you get at a bookmakers for Premier League games.

+1 Odds seem a lot better this time round

IRL odds for everything follow betting patterns, rather than reputation. So factors such as (in FM lingo) reputation and form would be included. Also things such as being awesome at home (sunderland, for example) would shorten odds, as would things such as what squad you would be able to select (5 key players out = longer odds), and probably a few more things I forget to mention.

In the game, I do not know what is taken into account, but I think it is obvious that it is now more than just reputation, as I have noticed that there have been times when i have been favourite and didnt think i would have been (away to Man Utd as Aston Villa, for example), and vice versa.

Archived