How to get the B team promoted

I play in Spain and my B team has been relegated and is now out of the active leagues.

Is there a way I can improve the chances of promotion? Will it help if I put good players on the B team (that play no matches) or is it simpley a matter of luck?

The simple answer is to do as you said and send quality youth players into your B team. You can probably get away with players up until age 23/24 before they become unhappy with being in an inferior league so try and buy or send quality players to the B team. On inactive leagues it usually takes longer to build up reputation but if you team has recently gone down to an inactive league then reputation will still be quite high so within 1 or 2 seasons you should see them promoted again. However a lot depends on the reputation of other teams.

Also try to reward B team players with clauses (goals scored) as this will maximise their output in your B team. The B team itself will run into financial difficulties but that is totally unrealistic and an error which SI have still been unable to solve so dont worry about it at all.

Archived