Massive help required re faulty save data

I really hope someone can help me out here.

I was playing the game on my laptop last night when I noticed my battery was on 5% remaining. In my panic I quickly tried to save the game instead of plugging the power in but the laptop switched itself off before the save completed.

Now in my save game folder the file shows as last being updated last night but it won't load, so I'm really hoping that some bright spark will be able to fix it for me or confirm what I fear and that I will have to start all over again.

I have enclosed the file in the link below if anyone would be kind enough to have a look at it for me.

I was about to start season 3 which is not very far I guess for some people but it took me a month to get there so I am seriously annoyed with myself. Also learnt my lesson now on overwriting existing save files instead of incrementing them!

Thanks in advance

My save file

Any power interruption during the saving process will usually mean a corrupted save and so that will be lost I'm afraid.

As a rule , alweays use the rolling 3 game autosave option in preferences, set weekly, so that the most you can lose in a problem situation is 1 weeks game time.

Archived