Player interaction is just terrible

BBB

Example one

"Hangeland is concerned at the lack of discipline shown at the club"

A quick check of my stats shows that I've got the lowest bookings in the league and no red cards, nobody has missed training or anything, ridiculous.

Example two

"Balotelli is upset at how you handled the Liverpool transfer"

They didn't even make a frigging offer :D

utterly ridiculous, needs fixing.

The lack of discipline might be the way you handle players, if players turn up late to training and you only give them a warning or do nothing at all. Or if players have been playing poorly and you've said nothing to them might be seen as lack of discipline. As for the transfer maybe he wanted to leave and is angry he didn't, who knows footballers are idiots anyway.

ive used it very well so far, managed to get unhappy players back happy, stopped a few wanting to go to bigger clubs, even after the clubs have bid for them, overall i think its quite good, sometimes i do wish it wasnt so extreme, you can either tell a player your really happy with him, or very upset with him, sometimes a middle road option would be nice, but im sure the next version of this will be fantastic, you just have to learn which options work.

Save the game before taking any talk if you dont know how different answer effect the player, then try them one by one and see what is the one that fit that situation, then reload the save and you should know how to answer him, so that will help you in the future if anyone else get upset, or at least let you understand what reaction different answer give.

Save the game before taking any talk if you dont know how different answer effect the player, then try them one by one and see what is the one that fit that situation, then reload the save and you should know how to answer him, so that will help you in the future if anyone else get upset, or at least let you understand what reaction different answer give.

This just goes to show what a joke it is... the answers are so extreme and you have absolutely no idea how a player reacts to what (unless you've already had the same conversation with the same player) you might was well be playing Blackjack. Some things are very basic, like the match performance is pretty obvious, it all depends on the players ratings. But like if a player gets unhappy with a team talks or something it's a pure crap shoot if you will say the right thing. There is no middle ground which supports even say is annoying. As for getting players 'happy' again, that's easy... if a player doesn't leave the team then sooner or later they will become happy just by ignoring the issue.

the reality is the system is half done, the AI is poor just like every other AI in the game, and it contradicts itself left and right.

If it worked it would be a great idea, but it doesn't work... yet. Hope that changes soon, but no holding my breath.

I agree that player interaction is below par. My example is that Chamakh had not scored in over 20 hours of football, which was like nearly 5 months as he was playing 60mins then i would get fed up and replace him, or he would be a sub and get 15-20mins sometimes.

So i had a private chat with him and said his performances had been disappointing and he replied that he was disappointed in me and thought he had been playing really well. The next line of interaction did not have an answer which i wanted to use. I wanted to say something along the lines of "Are you kidding on! You have not scored in 20 hours of Football and that includes an FA Cup game v Hereford!". He was sold quickly after this pointless conversation.

What you've said does show what a joke it is - we shouldn't have to save game through fear of upsetting a player with the wrong answer, then restarting and trying a different answer - talk about walking on ice! This is a football management simulation game not a bloomin' exam!

The answers often have no relation to what you've said. Nor do the options given actually represent what you want to say. There's absolutley no middle option;

I just wish i could say,'Don't worry, you are still in my plans and you will get your chance', or something similar

And that gets to the heart of the problems with player interaction and press conferences. Too often what you want to say isn't an option, or what you think is the appropriate response turns out to mean something different to what you expected.

Players are far too quick to complain and then suddenly turn round and apologise as if nothing happened. I like the fact we can now talk to players to solve happiness problems but it's such a mechanical, artificial process at the moment. It's a typical new feature from SI: good idea, terrible execution.

I had the some problem With Nemanja Vidic, He wasn't happy about the amount of discpline i was showing. I told him i'm the manager and i'll do what i want. He hands in a transfer request, i accept; take the captians arm band off him, and then he complains about that?!

I think the player interaction is a good idea but very poorly implemented and very very poorly explained by SI.

I'm currently Celtic, a club that is expected to win every game, by the fans and the board. I say "not good enough" to the TEAM over a last minute winner at home in a match against weaker opposition where we had a player sent off (the rate of cards needs fixing too), over confidence in warmups and I have the sub that scores the winner coming in my office upset and my treatment of him. I told the team that their performance wasnt good enough, nobody was singled out either way.He wouldnt back down at all despite his unprofessionalism and we fell out. Is it that easy IRL to go beyond the point of no return IRL? I wouldnt think so. Also where is the option to point out all the mistakes a player made in the previous match, if they think that they are above the team?

Also while we are on it, why dont I get the option to discipline players for going public with dressing room matters like team selection and falling outs with other players. Those things shouldnt leave the dressing room and certainly not be leaked by players without severe consequences.

Archived