Pacy players are amazing on this

Signed Biabiany for my Arsenal side as a back up/super sub. (19 Acc, 19 Pace, 18 Dribbling)

He is soo good. His speed more than makes up for everything else. He is much more producitve than say Fabregas. On the wing he just blazes past full backs and then has so much time to put across a pass. He also just legs it through the middle sometimes dragging centre backs out of position. Theo Walcott is also pretty nifty on the wing although if you put him up front he just consistently misses chances.

Scott Sinclair always used to cause me problems in the championship too.

I think my new transfer policy is just to sign very quick players. I'm very much regretting letting Armand Traore leave.

Yeh, it's true enough at all levels. In earlier versions of FM (or CM) if a player had pace and strength, other attributes were redundant and he'd destroy all. Now it's more realistic and you can have an (earlier version of) Walcott with bags of pace but no end product. So pace isn't everything, but if a player has it with decent other attributes, it's a sure-fire winner, as it is in real life.

I'm managing at the bottom end of the barrel in a Level 9 league. There nearly all DCs are slow and lumbering, with pace of 6 or 7. Playing through balls down the middle to one pacy forward (10 is plenty) is a killer. Even if he has finishing of 5, he'll get so many chances to burst between the defenders, that he'll convert enough to hand a championship to you on a plate.

I think pacey players have always been a real threat if used effectively. I'm sure your boys caused Chelsea problems if they still have most of their real life squad then they are aging and probably slowing up a bit.

I'm managing lower down the leagues. In non-league and league two Romane Rose from qpr tore defences apart (16 pace, 14 acceleration i think). Played him up top as target man run onto supply with direct passing and all my midfielders playing through balls often. That added with counter attack brought a lot of chances. He got best part of 50 goals in 2 seasons and countless assists. He would have had more if his composure wasn't 8! Finishing is 14 though. I'm in league one now and he's still doing well, have got him upfront with asante (15 pace and acceleration) and they both cause problems with their pace.

I play this way, so I agree with you.

But a lot has to do with your tactics. If you have quick players, but don't utilise them you won't be any better off.

My match shouts are: Get Ball Forward, Explout the Flanks whilst my tactics are direct, high tempo. Basically I play like the Man Utd of the 90's - get the ball, rush at goal, goal scored.

Fast players + counterattack are my favorites at this point. I’m managing a middle table team in Holland, and every time I want to play attacking - possession based football with top teams, I fail most of the time. Let’s face it, if you are managing blackpool and try to play beautiful football against arsenal/chelsea, you’ll be lucky to get a draw.

Now, I defend deep, put 3 men upfront with lots of pace and acceleration (run with ball and run from deep often) and I get the job done.

I think pacey players have always been a real threat if used effectively.

I agree that pacey players are devastating.

Can I point out something wrong to me?

Did you notice that players lose/drop too much physical stats between 30-32 yrs? Am I the only one feeling this?

Did you notice that players lose/drop too much physical stats between 30-32 yrs? Am I the only one feeling this?

Yea have noticed that as well. I'm finding the older members of my squad physical stats have been dropping earlier and quicker than recent years, even if they're still first team regulars.

To counteract/slow this down a bit i've been putting players on specific traning for quickness. I also brought in a new fitness coach, these together seem to make an improvement

This should depend on their Natural Fitness attribute. Have you checked that? Also strikers should decline earlier than defenders, and goalkeepers not at all at that age.

Archived