Assistants inmatch feedback help

Match after match, my assistant Is saying;

Gareth Bale acts as If he Is used to playing at a higher tempo than asked to today.

and

It seems like Mario Balotelli is not used to closing down opponents as often as asked to today

Bale is playing as attacking left wingback, with my teams tempo on full, and Balotelli is an attacking right midfielder set to attacking inside forward.

What can I do to solve this problem? I've looked through the player and team settings and can't seem to find anything that would help.

Thanks

I actually pay considerable attention to my assman, but his advice in that bottom box is the one thing I ignore. The way I see it, I want my players to adapt to my tactics. If they're not used to this or that, well they just have to keep playing my way until they DO get used to it!

If you DO want to follow the advice ingame, you have to pause, go to 'tactics', click on the player's instructions, advanced tabs and fiddle with the sliders.

I too would like to know what these mean, Molineux_Wolf. Do you think no one really knows how to actually correct them and they just hit lucky by changing a few sliders

Probably. It's just really annoying me, I'm trying to play total football, and I can't help but feel that having players not playing how they should be is going to effect that

That's one way to do It I suppose, but I brought my Assistant In for a reason, so I don't think I'll choose that option.

This is exactly why I focus on my asst man having good CA/PA skills... For instance I always have CB's that my asst is telling me they are used to closing down more then asked to. But they play fine. There is a lot of advice given that's just pointless.

You have to keep in mind an asst man isn't a real person they are just programmed responses by SI. Do you think SI have so much massive intelligence and time that they have ever response possible and they all have very specific meaning? Of course not, most of it is just fluff.

As I said in another thread... it's like my asst telling me player X is misplacing many of his passes... except player x is the highest skilled player on the team, has the second best rating in that game (second only to the goal scorer) and sometimes even an assist.

Half of the asst man advice is pointless and really should be ignored. It's unfortunate, but the reality is they are just there for helpful reminders, right or wrong.

Ever had an asst tell you you should show a player onto his weaker foot then looked at that player and saw they're 'weaker' foot is strong? You can't fly on autopilot off what your staff says, just use them to do the foot work and you use that info to make the real choices.

Archived