How far can I take an Oceanic team?

Just started doing the club and country challenge in the challenge forum surprisingly. I am starting New Zealand a country I like to manage in the league is pretty easy and the O-League is easier. The challenge in the world club cup although a small tournament it is hard to progress very far with a team from New Zealand. I am also using my team to hopefully get some regens for the national side and to nationalise some South Americans.

On a different save in New Zealand I got the club bank balance up to £2.9 million from 260k at the start. I can also attract players worth £1 million compared to 40k valued players when I started. Question is how much can I build the team up? Would the board agree to making the facilities better or being a small nation would they consider the facilities to not need upgrading to state of the art? Attendance has also shot up first season 800 fans a game, second season 1,400 and third season 2,200. Would this keep increasing and do you think the board would consider a new stadium if we were filling it and had a good bank balance?

I realise people may not be able to answer these question but educated guesses could be made even by me just wondering how others view the situation.

Given my experience with Celtic in the SPL I'd say it's possible to improve any league in any nation quite dramatically if you stick with it for long enough (i have the SPL at 10th in the European league rankings in 2017).

It will probably take a very long time to make an impact on the rep of a league in New Zealand and some of the leagues (going from a thread I read a while ago) have hard coded fixed prize money due to legal reasons which can make balancing growing your clubs stature with finances a bit of a minefield.

I've never managed a club in a league that has no tv money so would just be guessing with an answer to that one but logically if the league climbs the rankings and your team gets to be full of world renowned players it would naturally follow that tv companies would want to show your games. Would be very interested to know if that's the case myself now you mentioned it.

Archived