How do you make your FM game more attractive?

I found myself easily get bored with my saves and I keep starting new saves

so I want to gather some ideas of making my save more interesting

how many teams do you usually manage?

do you start unemployed without any reputations or you become a retired footballers?

thx^^

Start a game loading 8 countries of your choice. Roll a dice, press Random for the amount of clicks that you rolled on the dice, manage that team [this is important - do NOT press Random again - pick the team that fate gave you], create a story in your head about how you took over that team, and give yourself a relaistic 5 year plan. Then... go for it! Send assistant to in-game press conferences but give YOURSELF proper press conferences whilst on the bog or in the shower.... Enjoy the highs, and see the lows as a challenge to overcome. Also, never... ever.... ever.... cheat. Don't restart if your star player gets injured, don't pack in a save game if you get relegated.... roll with the punches, treat it as a real life manager would - and enjoy......

Start a game loading 8 countries of your choice. Roll a dice, press Random for the amount of clicks that you rolled on the dice, manage that team [this is important - do NOT press Random again - pick the team that fate gave you], create a story in your head about how you took over that team, and give yourself a relaistic 5 year plan. Then... go for it! Send assistant to in-game press conferences but give YOURSELF proper press conferences whilst on the bog or in the shower.... Enjoy the highs, and see the lows as a challenge to overcome. Also, never... ever.... ever.... cheat. Don't restart if your star player gets injured, don't pack in a save game if you get relegated.... roll with the punches, treat it as a real life manager would - and enjoy......

AMEN!!!! :p

One simple 'trick' I use is to download 2 or 3 different skins from the skinning forum and switch to a different one every once in a while, just having the same game having a change of appearance can renew my motivation for a game I'm struggling to stick with. The skin I'm ising atm is particularly useful for this (rd 5) as it has interchangeable backgrounds.

do you start unemployed without any reputations or you become a retired footballers?

thx^^

it depends what new saves you are getting bored of. Do you keep playing as big teams in Europe and find it too easy? Or are you picking Blue Square teams and finding it too hard?

start a game loading 8 countries of your choice. Roll a dice, press random for the amount of clicks that you rolled on the dice, manage that team [this is important - do not press random again - pick the team that fate gave you], create a story in your head about how you took over that team, and give yourself a relaistic 5 year plan. Then... Go for it! Send assistant to in-game press conferences but give yourself proper press conferences whilst on the bog or in the shower.... Enjoy the highs, and see the lows as a challenge to overcome. Also, never... Ever.... Ever.... Cheat. Don't restart if your star player gets injured, don't pack in a save game if you get relegated.... Roll with the punches, treat it as a real life manager would - and enjoy......

***like***

create your own team and add yourself and friends into your new team.

i do this most years and it always keeps my attention.

I set the club in the championship with finances of £10 million and a transfer budget of £2million. start off in a 20,000 stadium and make sure my facilities are above average

i add 6 players who have the quality to be top premiership players (CA 150 PA 160) and make up the rest of my numbers with freebies and cheap players.

One simple 'trick' I use is to download 2 or 3 different skins from the skinning forum and switch to a different one every once in a while, just having the same game having a change of appearance can renew my motivation for a game I'm struggling to stick with. The skin I'm ising atm is particularly useful for this (rd 5) as it has interchangeable backgrounds.

I agree, a change of environment Is a real motivation booster for me

As the above said, playing with a friend is the best way... Gives the best competition too..

Playing alone is ok, but I find that managers of other teams dont buy so well as much which can make the game a bit too easy, but with a friend the competition should always be there

Something better than playing with a friend? With 2 friends! That's what I have done for 10 years or so, makes the game so much more interesting.

You must have alot of patience for a threesome, especially after the way things have expanded over the last 10 years.

Two is enough for me these days, although i dont mind the odd spectator now and again just to spice things up ;)

thx^^

move between clubs, try and build up as many clubs in as many different countries as you can, i often find the game becomes more of a reward when the real players are retiring and you have to go good scouting work to find the next messi.

create your own team and add yourself and friends into your new team.

i do this most years and it always keeps my attention.

I set the club in the championship with finances of £10 million and a transfer budget of £2million. start off in a 20,000 stadium and make sure my facilities are above average

i add 6 players who have the quality to be top premiership players (CA 150 PA 160) and make up the rest of my numbers with freebies and cheap players.

I do a similar thing to you US, only I make up a team based on the village where I live, I've also edited in several of the local villages so we can have a bit of 'rivalry' going on too. I edit all the club names, staff and stadia but let the game generate the players so there's no cheating. I've put all 6 teams in to the Northern Premier - League div. 1 and sad as it may sound, it's turning out to make a very interesting game.

I find it amazing to start a new game with a LLC using 'all players in the World are free agents' database and with Use Real Players unticked. It brings me a lot of fun to buid up a strong team and try to lead it to the Top Division discovering new stars on the way...

I have to feel a personal 'bond' with my club. Starting random or moving from club to club doesn't work for me. I need to fully identify with the club, and I need to customise the game.

First, I either create a new club and start at the bottom or take a club I have some feeling for (such as FC United). My idea to to nurture my youth to develop them over a career into stars. I, and as many of them as possible, need to stay with the club.

So, I use the editor or FMRTE to make all players and staff love me to bits. I give myself top training and youth facilities. The players themselves have whatever attributes, CA and PA the game throws up.

Then, customise - I add a good skin and all the best logos and backgrounds, and player pics. At that level, there are unlikely to be many downloadable packs of player pics, so I make them. Every time I sign a kid, I google for a picture of him and convert it to the right type to add to my game. If there's isn't one I make one up. That way, those kids are MY BOYS. I know the faces, the personalities of every player and staff. Actually, I give my staff nicknames. My assman is 'Eric Cantona', my goalkeeping coach 'Peter Schmeichel' and with pictures to match.

By identifying so fully with my club and my people, it really does feel personal, and real. I never get bored - UNLESS, and this is the killer, work pressures or some other reason takes me away from my game for over a week. If i lose contact for a week, I lose the feeling; they are strangers to me again. So I need to bond with my people if not every day, every two or three days to keep the relationship strong.

Archived