Johnstone's Paint Trophy oddities

A few odd things happened during my run to the final of this competition...

firstly, upon winning the Regional final to get to the final proper, I was given the commentary line "...Have won the Trophy!" when we hadn't, and I was only able to tell the players "congratulations on winning the trophy" which seems a bit silly since they hadn't.

Also after a Wembley final with 50000 in attendance, I really expected the club to make a bit of cash since our normal attendance is around 5000, but the gate receipts, match day income and tv money were all normal. I didn't seem to get anything like the payout one might expect. Surely clubs would expect to make a few hundred thousand from a final at Wembley? Or don't the clubs get anything?

Also after a Wembley final with 50000 in attendance, I really expected the club to make a bit of cash since our normal attendance is around 5000, but the gate receipts, match day income and tv money were all normal. I didn't seem to get anything like the payout one might expect. Surely clubs would expect to make a few hundred thousand from a final at Wembley? Or don't the clubs get anything?

I noticed the same with the FA Trophy, it appears that the runners up get the gate receipts. I know this may well be the case for the playoff final, but is it the same for cup finals?

Archived