Recent strange decisions, compare this to an FM experience you have encounterd

Well the pretty much nailed on appointment of Alan Pardew to my beloved newcastle has left me dunfounded and devastated.

It got me thinking though what would you compare this latest news to managerial appointments that you have seen in your recent FM careers.

Mine has to be start of 3rd season Slyvain Wiltord to Everton as manager :)

It just does not add up like the above (pardew)

1st season end, and Allardyce gets the everton job. They could have got O'neill who has brilliant stats and is a free agent, but no, they get a man who was sacked(bit unfairly) as blackburn manager.

Pardew is a joke appointment of course, and complete sidestep, but not as much as Wiltord! How were everton doing though and had Wiltord any experience?

1st season end, and Allardyce gets the everton job. They could have got O'neill who has brilliant stats and is a free agent, but no, they get a man who was sacked(bit unfairly) as blackburn manager.

Pardew is a joke appointment of course, and complete sidestep, but not as much as Wiltord! How were everton doing though and had Wiltord any experience?

No experience what so ever lol Everton mind finished 15th the season before so they were not riding high at the time.

Agree mate Pardew is a joke, not to mention Ashley dont get me started about him lol

The day before Hughton was sacked IRL, he was sacked in my game (in December 2010!). A few days later I got the news item that he was succeeded by ..... Steve Stone.

I didn't know what connection he had with Newcastle, then IRL he gets promoted to temporary assman. Wow!

Incidentally, in my game, the week before Hughton was sacked, Allardyce got the push. who suucceeded him? Shearer. 5 days later the Newcastle vacancy came up. Sweet!

Incidentally, off topic but I found it interesting: today in my game Swansea poached Doncaster's manager and paid compensation. Doncaster promoted their assman to the managerial position. I don't often see either scenario in FM. Nice one.

In 2014 in my game the big man Emile Heskey was appointed manager of Reading, he lasted 8 months i think before he got fired.

30x8jsz.jpg

(Also like on the lefthand side Shamrock Rovers in bid for Bender :-) )

Also had this:

20hpnno.jpg

(Forest were midtable in the prem at the time)

Think Zenden is managing somewhere as well

In my game Man Utd sacked Ferguson after three seasons and instead of going for a big-name or foreign manager like they usually would in previous FMs, they promoted Mike Phelan to the top job.

The manager appointment seems completely random in this year. In one game after SAF's retirement, Fabio Capello got the job, which is reasonable. However, in another game, of all people they pick Gary Neville, who has mediocre attributes, to succeed SAF.

i have seen michel salgado take over at cambridge city and the news item said he was an unknown manager!!!

I've seen him in the non-league in my game as an unknown manager, but technically this is correct as he has never managed before. Well known as a player, but unknown as a manager.

In my game, Hughton lasted another season, but then there is a board takeover who sacked him and replaced the guy with... O'Neil. Not a bad appointment I suppose. A lot better than what the muppet Ashley has just done... I've only recently started following football again, supporting my home town Newcastle so I'm starting to think I'm a bit of a bad omen. :p

I hate being a Newcastle fan... got to be supporting what must the the worst run club.

Never wanted Hughton sacked, he did a great job, 5 bad results isnt anything to jump about, a bloody draw with Chelsea is good (although i feel we should have won at a time when they had a weaker team...)

The weirdest ive seen is Phelan being promoted to Man U manager, the amount of times you see a retired player being given a top job with no experiance is common though. Happens in real life too. On this FM Shearer is Blackburn manager, not too shocking really.

Archived