The match preperation tactics arnt dynamic

So, over the course of my last season I had tweaked and changed my tactics a little. I have also gone from playing narrow to playing considerably wider. I always save/overwrite my 3 tactics une'er the same 3 names ATT, DEF, SATT. These tactics I load into the 3 presets. I assumed that each time I updated and saved these tactics, they would also change in my presets!

Now, silly me for assuming that abfeature si have added would work properly, because they don't! I looked at my presets and discovered that my tactics were still narrow and slow play and when I updated the tactics to my ones I'd tweaked (essentially the same tactic) my nice little full fluid bars shot down!

Has this been raised before? That each time you make a little tweak you have to then load the tactic to your preset? Is it a bug or is that just how it is suppsed to be?

Its how it should be, beacuse if you decide to make a little tweak for a single game then go back to the preset next game you don't lose any familiarity.

Be aware at the end of the season the familiarity levels drop down as they players are on holiday and so not training with your tactics.

I agree with spankie. It works the way its meant to in that regard. I have a tactic with an unusual formation and when I went to add an attacking version (just the same only starting strategy set to attack) the players knowledge of the original tactic was reduced. Is this a bug? I dont see why if you are adding a new version they would forget the old one. Unless it represents that their time is now split.

So, over the course of my last season I had tweaked and changed my tactics a little. I have also gone from playing narrow to playing considerably wider. I always save/overwrite my 3 tactics une'er the same 3 names ATT, DEF, SATT. These tactics I load into the 3 presets. I assumed that each time I updated and saved these tactics, they would also change in my presets!

Now, silly me for assuming that abfeature si have added would work properly, because they don't! I looked at my presets and discovered that my tactics were still narrow and slow play and when I updated the tactics to my ones I'd tweaked (essentially the same tactic) my nice little full fluid bars shot down!

Has this been raised before? That each time you make a little tweak you have to then load the tactic to your preset? Is it a bug or is that just how it is suppsed to be?

I guess its how its supposed to be. And I don't see why it should be any other way. My tactics evolve over a season with little tweaks but I always save as a new name so I can go back and look at earlier versions if I want (or realise I've dropped the ball!).

I get your point but I think that what you are asking is not right.

I always tweak and overwrite my tactic, if I'm making a little change for one game I don't save it so I wouldn't expect it to change the match prep. But when I overwrite the actual tactic that is in the match prep screen then I'd have expected it to have changed. Not remain the earlier version of the saved tactic if you get my meaning.

I want the match prep to reflect the latest version of the tactic it is set for.

Say I call a tactic 'a' and save it and put it in my match prep. If I make a change to that an save it overwriting it so in my tactics screen there is one tactic 'a' there. If I go into my match prep and select set tactic, not only will it still be on the previous tactic 'a' but there will now be 2 tactic a's to choose from despite I only have on saved.

It annoys me.

I always tweak and overwrite my tactic, if I'm making a little change for one game I don't save it so I wouldn't expect it to change the match prep. But when I overwrite the actual tactic that is in the match prep screen then I'd have expected it to have changed. Not remain the earlier version of the saved tactic if you get my meaning.

I want the match prep to reflect the latest version of the tactic it is set for.

Say I call a tactic 'a' and save it and put it in my match prep. If I make a change to that an save it overwriting it so in my tactics screen there is one tactic 'a' there. If I go into my match prep and select set tactic, not only will it still be on the previous tactic 'a' but there will now be 2 tactic a's to choose from despite I only have on saved.

It annoys me.

Maybe so, but its a symtom of the save system. If you save 'a' and put it in match prep, then change 'a' and save as 'a' again, if you look in archivd tactics you will see 'a' twice with the month/year next to each one. I guess this is why it doesn't work as you wish.

• SI Staff

The match preparation uses its own separate "copies" of tactics as it needs to have all the tactical data available for updating the familiarity levels and passing all the related information into the matches. So the tactics in the match prep screen are not "links" to tactics residing elsewhere (aside from the "Current" option, which always links to the current selected human tactic).

So that is how it is meant to work.

Archived