¿Player Attribute Masking?

But if you manage a LLC your scouts are crap therefore their reports can't be trustful and signing a palyer is like playing roulette...

true but you asked for peoples personal opinion, i started in BSN so i have had that issue, its what trial etc are for, scouts are just a base

But if you manage a LLC your scouts are crap therefore their reports can't be trustful and signing a palyer is like playing roulette...

i'm playing Gundo's Challenge atm, and its a requirement of the challenge. It makes it more interesting even though i'm at a lower level, i usually just get both my scouts to scout a player before i sign them. After i scout them 2 or 3 times i should be able to see all their stats anyway so i can make my own judgement.

I've still made some poor signings but thats what happens irl, even the richest clubs have failed signings.

I leave it enabled because it means that I need to use scouts. I like having my epic worldwide scouting network :)

I think it makes things more realistic.

I'd hope that its the same way for the AI but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the same.

There are times when I feel like AI teams know about players as soon as they are created in the game. Sometimes that can be as irritating as the AI making instant tactical changes.

I leave it enabled because it means that I need to use scouts. I like having my epic worldwide scouting network :)

I think it makes things more realistic.

I'd hope that its the same way for the AI but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the same.

There are times when I feel like AI teams know about players as soon as they are created in the game. Sometimes that can be as irritating as the AI making instant tactical changes.

Sometimes I feel that AI managers even know players' PA, because they buy players without any scout reports or trials.

how do you know if they scout them or not?

We don't. It just sometimes feels like the AI has a bit of an advantage because of how quickly they are scooped up after they were created.

Sometimes it feels like teams find out about players too quickly...as if they the teams were monitoring them while they were in the youth academies....which I know isn't something we can do.

We don't. It just sometimes feels like the AI has a bit of an advantage because of how quickly they are scooped up after they were created.

Sometimes it feels like teams find out about players too quickly...as if they the teams were monitoring them while they were in the youth academies....which I know isn't something we can do.

they can't monitor them before they come into the game though. Some AI clubs act pretty quickly after a player does come into the game but tbf if they didn't it would be so easy to snap up all the quality young talent. Its already very easy to sign a bunch of talented youngsters without competition.

On fm 10 i signed a german regen who was 18 for 12m without any competition and he became one of the best CM's in the world with 19 passing and 20 creativity.

they can't monitor them before they come into the game though. Some AI clubs act pretty quickly after a player does come into the game but tbf if they didn't it would be so easy to snap up all the quality young talent. Its already very easy to sign a bunch of talented youngsters without competition.

On fm 10 i signed a german regen who was 18 for 12m without any competition and he became one of the best CM's in the world with 19 passing and 20 creativity.

Either way its not something that bothers me. I have a very good scouting network and a very good academy so I have no problems finding good youth players.

Trial, trial, trial. I'm doing dafuge's challenge and player masking is required. Scouts are generally poor but you can get some decent ones if you look hard enough. And as I started with, at that level trials are essential where you can.

This is very true

But this is also true.

A possible solution: I don't think young newgens should even come to the attention of scouts very often until they have shown themselves to be worthy of note, by, for example, playing well in the youth leagues. If the human manager goes and sends scouts out, the reports should be very unreliable until the player has had a chance to demonstrate that he is actually good.

In fact, I think the scouts are too quick to offer a definite opinion on a player. If you just ask for a report card, you should get a really vague opinion back with comments carefully guarded*, if you want to have information that has a decent chance of being accurate you should have to send your scout to watch a player on multiple occasions. This would also help stop the unrealistic scouting of vast numbers of players at once.

--

*If you ask a scout for a report card on a Brazilian player, for instance, when your scout has no knowledge of Brazilian football, the information he gives you should be no more than hearsay and be extremely unreliable. If you ask a scout with good knowledge of Brazil for a report card on the same player, the degree of vagueness should be determined by how well known within Brazil the player is, and if it is vague but promising the scout should suggest that he goes to watch said player a few times.

When you start a new game you can see Finding Manager Targets. It means AI managers find there transfer targets without doing any scouting work.

no it means that only means some clubs already have specific targets which might be related to rumours irl. Like Chelsea often sign Neymar as they've been linked with him irl. It only means they have some targets already in mind from the start of the game not that they can see scout reports without scouting them.

no it means that only means some clubs already have specific targets which might be related to rumours irl. Like Chelsea often sign Neymar as they've been linked with him irl. It only means they have some targets already in mind from the start of the game not that they can see scout reports without scouting them.

And how do you know this?

I liked the game better back when attribute masking really meant something. It still does, when you're a lower league club, but when managing big clubs, you can see every attribute of almost every player (disregarding hidden attributes of course).

I'd like it, if the scout didn't always have the correct evaluation of a player's attribute. Say, you scout a player once, and you see the player as having 15 for dibbling, but scout him a few times more, and he may only have 12, or better yet, he actually has 17. You'd really need to use your scouts a lot, and the quality of a scout could mean a big difference.

And just like we all have different opinions on how a certain player should be rated in a certain skill, so could scouts, instead of all of them finding a player to have 15 dribbling.

And how do you know this?

I liked the game better back when attribute masking really meant something. It still does, when you're a lower league club, but when managing big clubs, you can see every attribute of almost every player (disregarding hidden attributes of course).

I'd like it, if the scout didn't always have the correct evaluation of a player's attribute. Say, you scout a player once, and you see the player as having 15 for dibbling, but scout him a few times more, and he may only have 12, or better yet, he actually has 17. You'd really need to use your scouts a lot, and the quality of a scout could mean a big difference.

And just like we all have different opinions on how a certain player should be rated in a certain skill, so could scouts, instead of all of them finding a player to have 15 dribbling.

Its amazing what a quick google search can do. As it says in this thread its just drawing up a shortlist for each manager.

http://www.fmstyle.co.uk/forums/fm09-general-discussion/1643-finding-manager-targets.html

Can you use attribute masking once you have started a save? Because i didn't tick it and i would like to do that now, but am well into a save already.

At the moment i just try not to look at stats, but it's difficult to do that when you want other info.

I think it'd be a decent idea to have other information masking on players too. Such as his contract, asking price, and other personal info that a manager would not have any idea about

Can you use attribute masking once you have started a save? Because i didn't tick it and i would like to do that now, but am well into a save already.

At the moment i just try not to look at stats, but it's difficult to do that when you want other info.

I think it'd be a decent idea to have other information masking on players too. Such as his contract, asking price, and other personal info that a manager would not have any idea about

No you can't change it once you've started a game, at least not as far as i'm aware.

Its amazing what a quick google search can do. As it says in this thread its just drawing up a shortlist for each manager.

http://www.fmstyle.co.uk/forums/fm09-general-discussion/1643-finding-manager-targets.html

Ah, but that doesn't state, that the shortlists are formed from real life rumours, which is what I was doubting. I'm fully on board with it creating shortlists, but i'd wager it's basing these lists on in-game things, such as player ability, player potential, player availability, team strength and weaknesses, team finances, manager preferences etc., and not on real life rumours

Give you an example: If you edited the Chelsea team to be weaker in midfield and defence, while making the likes of Kalou, Sturridge and Borini much better, I don't think they'd be interested in Neymar in the game, regardless of whether they were IRL

got to agree with roo on this 1. clubs are surely only interested in positions that they need to fill at the start. so for example arsenal need a goalkeeper but this wouldnt be the case if you made almunia and fabianski world class on the editor

Ah, but that doesn't state, that the shortlists are formed from real life rumours, which is what I was doubting. I'm fully on board with it creating shortlists, but i'd wager it's basing these lists on in-game things, such as player ability, player potential, player availability, team strength and weaknesses, team finances, manager preferences etc., and not on real life rumours

Give you an example: If you edited the Chelsea team to be weaker in midfield and defence, while making the likes of Kalou, Sturridge and Borini much better, I don't think they'd be interested in Neymar in the game, regardless of whether they were IRL

ahh fair enough, thats probably more accurate. I just always see teams interested in players at the start of the game that they've been linked with irl. They are obviously less likely to make a move for a player if they don't need them though.

Archived